Community
Maya LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Maya LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Maya LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error Polygon Count (but model has less than 7000 polygons!)

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
Anonymous
2297 Views, 8 Replies

Error Polygon Count (but model has less than 7000 polygons!)

I imported a head model in Maya format, .ma, and I want to export it in FBX format, .fbx. The model has less than 7000 polygons (6152 to be exact), but when I export it, I get this error:

Warning: Maximum polygon count exceeded. You may not export an FBX file with more than 100,000 polygons. Please choose objects which have a combined polygon count of less than 100,000 and export again.

Why would it say it has over 100,000 polygons, when it only has 6152? Is it because it has facial morphs included? Any suggestions? 

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
remimcgill
in reply to: Anonymous

The morph targets is a good guess, are the morph targets included as actual geometries in the file? or have the geometries been deleted?  

If they are extra source geometries in the file you can delete them and the morph target info will stay inside your main head's blendshape node.

Do you mind sending us your file so we can take a look?

Thanks,

Remi

Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
in reply to: remimcgill

It looks like the geometries are not included in the file.

I'm completely new to Maya LT, and the only reason I subscribed to Maya LT is to accomplish this goal. 

Can you tell me which panel or menu will show me where I can see the morphs in the blendshape node?

Thank you so much for your time.

Message 4 of 9
remimcgill

Usually when using blend shapes you use the Windows/Animation Editors/Blend Shape

Message 5 of 9
Anonymous
in reply to: remimcgill

So....was this problem ever actually resolved with a proper answer, like what to do, how to do it.  At the moment I feel utterly ripped off that I can't export the characters I bought Maya LT specifically to create.

Message 6 of 9
KristinDalzell

Hello,

Which version of Maya LT are you using? In earlier versions, you can find the Blend Shape Editor as Remi suggested under the Windows menu, Animation Editors > Blend Shape. In the latest extension for Maya LT 2016 though, the new Shape Editor replaces the Blend Shape Editor. 

With the new workflows, in Maya LT, you'd probably create the target shapes directly on the base object, so you can keep less geometry in the scene file.

Check out the workflow here: Create blend shapes using only the base object 

Message 7 of 9
andrew.grant

If the geometries are deleted from the scene then the target and the blend shapes should be able to export without hitting the polygon limit.

If that isn't working, we may need to get access to your scene in order to debug the problem.

Message 8 of 9
Anonymous

You FBX exporter is glitched. This happened to me on a basic object and I fixed it by going into the plugin manager, unchecking the two boxes next two the fbx exporter, saving my file, quitting maya, opening maya, going back to the plug in manager, rechecking the two boxes, saving, quitting, starting, then trying to export again. 

Message 9 of 9
lauris4747

I have the same issue now, very annoying, I have 4-5 millions of polygons per scene and was exporting such scenes via fbx for two years in different Maya versions. just updated to Maya 2020Lt and now this is bottle-necked..... have anyone figured out how to bypass this without ruining the workflow of exporting all in the scene at once?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report