Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Add a reset button to all parameters in the Attribute Editor and Channel Box and, other menus.

Add a reset button to all parameters in the Attribute Editor and Channel Box and, other menus.

Hi! Everyone.
My idea came from these questions.

Unfortunately, there is still no answer to any of these questions. (5/26/2023)
My request is for a button to reset parameters when changes are made to the created model, rig, lights or materials.
Sometimes when I move a parameter with the mouse or tablet, I set it to an excessive value. Then I lose the initial values and have to recreate them from scratch to get back to where I started.
Or, I assume that the only way to save the initial values would be to use Studio Library.
I have not found a command that gives me the functionality I want, since GetAttr only gets the current value, not the initial value.

Maybe Maya has a function to reset parameters, but I think it is a function that resets everything. This is good, but not enough.
I would like to suggest that it would be more user-friendly to have a reset button for each parameter and a function that returns to the initial value when pressed.

Thanks,
Image of reset buttons.Image of reset buttons.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report