Community
Maya Animation and Rigging
Welcome to Autodesk’s Maya Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Maya animation topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to find out the initial values of Attribute Editor and Channel Box parameters when they are unedited?

0 REPLIES 0
Message 1 of 1
amaterasu-qbb
165 Views, 0 Replies

How to find out the initial values of Attribute Editor and Channel Box parameters when they are unedited?

I am animating using Maya 2024 and I am wondering if there are parameters on some rigs that are not transform, rotate, or scale. As an example, I will be using Animation Mentor Stewart's rig.
You can download the rig here: https://www.animationmentor.com/free-maya-rig/

For example, there are parameters like FK and IK switches, stretch, and others. Is there a way to get the initial values of these parameters when they are unedited?

rig option parametersrig option parameters

Here is my idea.
  • Using the Studio library to store the initial pose.
  • reference or import the same character
  • Re-create the new materials, lights, etc.
Studio library is a feature that allows you to save a pose and then load it to recreate the pose. You can download the Studio library here: https://www.studiolibrary.com/

Next, reference or import the same character again to see the initial values. Re-create the materials, lights, etc., and look at the initial values from there.

Even if I use getAttr, I don't think I'll get the results I want because when I edit the parameters, I don't get the initial value parameters when they're unedited.

Defining initial values is really hard. There is an IT dictionary on a Japanese website that has initial value and default value, but for this question, let's define the unedited value of the data as the initial value.
Please share your ideas.

Best,
Labels (4)
0 REPLIES 0

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report