Community
Maya Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Maya Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Maya topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UV snapshots blank/black

16 REPLIES 16
SOLVED
Message 1 of 17
Anonymous
15416 Views, 16 Replies

UV snapshots blank/black

When I try to take UV snapshots they turn out black if I do anything more than one cube or shell. Is this an issue with the recent updates or am I making a noob mistake? TIA

16 REPLIES 16
Message 2 of 17
mspeer
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi!

No problem here with Maya 2017 update 4.

Message 3 of 17
sean.heasley

Hi @Anonymous and welcome to the community!

Make sure you have your object selected when you hit UV snapshot and also make sure it is in a tga or png format. If that doesn't work feel free to attach your scene here and I will take a look at it!

Please hit the Accept as Solution button if my post fully solves your issue, or reply with additional details if the problem persists.

Kudos are greatly appreciated. Everyone likes a thumbs up!

Message 4 of 17
sean.heasley
in reply to: sean.heasley

Hi @Anonymous just checking in, are you still having this issue?

Message 5 of 17
Freedan

Did you find a solution? I'm having the same problem after downloading Maya 2018. Tried resetting the settings and everything, but nothing. Every time I try to take a UV Snapshot, the image is blank/black.

Message 6 of 17
sean.heasley
in reply to: Freedan

Hi @Freedan

Did you try the steps I provided above?

Message 7 of 17
Freedan

Yes, I have tried all that. Still getting nothing but a blank, black image. Never had this problem before until I upgraded to 2018.

Message 8 of 17
sean.heasley
in reply to: Freedan

Hi @Freedan

Can you attach the scene file here or via dropbox/google drive so I can take a look at it?

Message 9 of 17
john.paul.giancarlo

I can not reproduce this, please add an image showing how you are doing this!

I just saved this one !  all looks ok ! 

uvsSnapshot.jpg

Message 10 of 17
Freedan

I ended up re-installing Maya and the problem seems to be gone. Will never really understand what caused it, heh.

Thanks for the responses!

Message 11 of 17
Zelda_Mary

For the future if it happens to anyone else.

A tip is to check your placement of your UV's once more!
I accedently made my UV's too big without noticing, they were all outside the grid which made the picture blank.

Zoom in at the bottom left corner to check that the little square there isn't the "true" grid.

Message 12 of 17
Anonymous
in reply to: Zelda_Mary

@Zelda_MaryThank you, that worked!  You saved me 🙂

Message 13 of 17
prashantmakwana16

I solved it, just take all your UV's to positive axis of x and y

~let me know

uv.PNG

Message 14 of 17

Hi @prashantmakwana16 

Glad to hear you solved it. Thanks for sharing it!

Lynn Zhang
Community Manager

Message 15 of 17

HI everyone, 

hope you are all well. a small thing, I looked on line and all the solutions so far shows exactly what I have on screen already. Unfortunately when I save my image in UV Editor it still turns out black. Please not I have it in the right x and y, u and v all match and aligned up. I had wished to bring it into another program hence it is important to save the image with the UV's. I never faced this issue before as it had always worked prior before.

I am very much appreciative if you could help me solve this problem. Thank you very much for getting back to me. please find attached a picture of the said issue stated above. 

Message 16 of 17
alice.stoll
in reply to: alice.stoll

Hi everyone

I found the Solution on my own. Under Image I didn't have it on RBG and it was on Dim and unfiltered. It works now.

Thank you very much.

Message 17 of 17
asthag195

try changing your render settings and it will help you take out correct UV snapshot 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report