Community
Maya Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Maya Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Maya topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unfold3D process error

74 REPLIES 74
SOLVED
Message 1 of 75
staceypeck
63346 Views, 74 Replies

Unfold3D process error

I'm trying to unfold my UV map and I keep getting an error that says "// Error: Unfold3D process error." How can I resolve this?

74 REPLIES 74
Message 2 of 75
sean.heasley
in reply to: staceypeck

Hi @staceypeck  and welcome to the community!

If you go to Windows->Settings/Plugins->Plugin Manager can you check and make sure you have Unfold3d enabled?

If it is already enabled, you'll want to uncheck it then recheck and try to unwrap.

If one or more of these posts helped answer your question, please click Accept as Solution on the posts that helped you so others in the community can find them easily.

Kudos are greatly appreciated. Everyone likes a thumbs up!

Message 3 of 75
staceypeck
in reply to: sean.heasley

It works! 

Thank you for helping. 🙂

Message 4 of 75
sean.heasley

Awesome glad it worked for you Smiley Happy!

Message 5 of 75
vilsaum

Hi,
Please, I'm facing the same error here and I've tried the step that you've mentioned but is no working for me, do you have any other idea about how can I solve it?
If I try to use Unfold, Layout and Optimize the issue appear.
I've formated my computer and it worked for a while, but after some time this issue continues to appear. 
Thanks 🙂Sem título.jpg

Message 6 of 75
Anonymous

same problem with unfold3D. i noticed a thing. i have 2 pc , one with Intel CPU i7 6950K and one with AMD Ryzen 3900X . on the i7 i have no problems with unfold 3D and it works perfectly, meanwhile on AMD it not works. i tryed to turn it off and on on plugin manager and nothing happened. i tryed also to uninstall and reinstall Maya and same... unfold 3D doesn't work.

Someone can help me? 

Message 7 of 75
Anonymous

I have the same problem here. 3d unwraped worked perfectly but now I keep getting 3dunwrap error 

Message 8 of 75
pedro_masa
in reply to: Anonymous

Same Problem on AMD RYZEN 3700

Message 9 of 75
consrojo
in reply to: pedro_masa

same here ryzen 3700x

Message 10 of 75
Anonymous

Same thing with Ryzen 3900

Message 11 of 75
Anonymous

Same problem ryzen 3700x

Message 12 of 75
Anonymous

i have smae ploblem with amd 3900x

Message 13 of 75
Anonymous

For me to make Unfold3D work again I had to Untick Loaded and Auto load in the PlugIn Manager and keep it Unticked.....

Message 14 of 75
Anonymous

When I Unchecked"load" and "auto load" it works.

Don't know why but thanks

Message 15 of 75
mspeer

Hi!

@Anonymous  and @Anonymous 

When you unload the Unfold3D plug-in it just uses Method: "Legacy" instead of "Unfold3D",

but even with Unfold3D plug-in loaded you can manual choose "Legacy" as Method for Unfold in the options for this tool.

Message 16 of 75
Samsam2019

I tried the steps you provided, doesn't work for me on my 3960X.

Looking at the replies, I am sure its a Ryzen issue because I never had this issue with my Intel PC which I sold.

Message 17 of 75
Samsam2019

I should also mention UV optimize gives the same error.

Message 18 of 75
matorin.evgenij

I`m using Ryzen 3900X
Try to unchek the "loaded" mark from Unfold3D in pug-in manager. It helped to fix the issue.

The auto-loaded mark is still on.

Message 19 of 75
A.Baroody
in reply to: Samsam2019

Having the same unfold error issue on an AMD Threadripper 3970x. This look to be all Ryzen/Threadripper users here. Unchecking/rechecking load/autoload in plugin preference doesnt fix it. 

Message 20 of 75
mspeer
in reply to: matorin.evgenij

Hi!

Again.

Unchecking Loaded for the plug-in does NOT fix it, it just disables the plug-in and switches to "Legacy" instead of "Unfold3D" mode.

Having Auto load enabled has no impact on the current Maya session, it just auto loads the plug-in with the next Maya start.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report