Community
Maya Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Maya Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Maya topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unfold3d Process error

103 REPLIES 103
SOLVED
Message 1 of 104
Anonymous
44426 Views, 103 Replies

Unfold3d Process error

Hello

This error is occuring whenever i try to unwrap a slightly complex object like a face or body using the Unwrap or Optimize commands. This is a new computer and it is using a Ryzen 9 CPU if that makes any difference. Also a fresh install 

Things i have tried:

1. Disabling and re-enabling the unfold3d plugin

2. uninstalling and re-installing maya 2019

3. using maya 2018

4. shrinking the object so its smaller

5. unwrapping different objects from old projects that i have already successfully unwrapped in the past using unfold3d

6.unwrapping with Houdini or Blender (works!)

7. wrapping in zbrush (works!)

8. unwrapping using Maya 2019 on my work computer (works!)

9. reseting to default preferences.

So it appears to be some kind of system issue but i have already tried uninstalling and reinstalling maya several times. as well as registry cleaning/rebooting in between.

103 REPLIES 103
Message 21 of 104
Anonymous
in reply to: enrac

same issue with ryzen 7 3700x

Message 22 of 104
Anonymous

Was this issue ever solved?  I also have an amd system and just ran into this problem.  Deleting history and running as admin didn't fix it.

Message 23 of 104
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

The issue isn't resolved yet and will never get resolved in future so either you change your processor or start using other better-evolved software

Message 24 of 104
enrac

Hi there, can you please share your scene and exact workflow? The issue so far has been that we haven’t been able to reproduce the issue on our end.

Thank you for your time,
Ravi
Message 25 of 104
Anonymous

It is strange that you are unable to reproduce such an error and all those artists in this forum and many other forums are struggling with such an error, even though Autodesk also respondeded to such an issue in the past, Anyway instead of testing on a simple geometry unfold try doing it on a bit more complex geometry  and you will have your error and don't forget to use Ryzen processor .

Message 26 of 104
enrac

Tell me about it, it's very frustrating. I've tried it on one relatively complex model from another customer, on a Ryzen machine, on a non-admin account, with Maya LT, with regular Maya, with a full moon, and no luck yet. 

Message 27 of 104
enrac

Someone on the Maya subreddit had this exact same issue apparently and it turned out to be non-manifold geometry. Maybe that’s the case here?  

Message 28 of 104
fe_re

Reproduce the issue it's the simplest thing in the world.

1) New scene.
2) Import human from content browser.
3) Unfold any piece.

I attach a video so you have no doubts on how to do it.

The same scene works perfectly in any intel cpu or 1st or 2nd ryzen generation. 

https://youtu.be/HAgfVTfiRSk

And NO, the problem it's not the mesh or the scene. 

Message 29 of 104
enrac
in reply to: fe_re

As they say in German, "Gracias". I'll take a look and will report back. 

Message 30 of 104
fe_re

THANKS!!!

Message 31 of 104
enrac
in reply to: fe_re

Yes! I can reproduce this! Thank you. I've updated:  

MAYA-100356 [Unfold3D does not work with Ryzen 9 3900x CPU]  

With this detail. Thank you again.

Message 32 of 104
JY8708
in reply to: alec.andersenLP8AU

I turned off SMT on my BIOS system.

But, it is still not working.

when I try to unfold, Maya is just closed without any message.

I've tried everything I can do. Could you please help me with this problem?

(I am using Ryzen 3700x, Xenon RTX2060) 

Message 33 of 104
enrac
in reply to: JY8708

It looks like this was a bug in Maya and has been addressed. 

Message 34 of 104
jmartinfr

when you say "addressed" , when can we expect a hotfix or patch ?  

I've just ran into the same problem  ( Ryzen 3950x ) , on a maya 2019.2 

Message 35 of 104
Anonymous
in reply to: jmartinfr

They have a history of not addressing issues and thinking users need them and they don't need users . Most of the users already  shifted to other working software instead of hoping that Autodesk will someday address their issues which would work in practice.

Message 36 of 104
Kligad

Having the same problem too. Did what was stated. Still not working. I have a Ryzen 3900x. Works great with my intel 6700K but having issues with my new 3900x.

Message 37 of 104
MANIAKRA
in reply to: Kligad

Hi, I found this thread after having this issue happen to me just now. I'm on windows 10 with an i9-9900k intel processor. I just wanted to say that I resolved the issue after looking at the geometry very closely after trying lots of different things. The cause of the problem was this one little patch of faces / verts going in and out of themselves. I fixed it by deleting some faces and remodeling that section. 

Your reference photos show a fairly high density mesh, I would advise anyone that encounters this problem to double triple check you don't have some funky geometry going on.

mXvi97y

Message 38 of 104
Anonymous
in reply to: MANIAKRA

kayaj  I highly appreciate you have shared your experience here but the issue is that unfold doesn't work on Ryzen CPUs the way it should. On Intel processors, it never caused any issue.

Message 39 of 104
Anonymous

i also face this problem on my ryzen 5 3600...any fix for this issue?

Message 40 of 104
Xaia

There is no fix for that yet.

Have the same problem with my 3950x.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report