Community
Maya Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Maya Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Maya topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scene Error Frame Selection "No object matches name" Mystery Camera any clues???

10 REPLIES 10
SOLVED
Message 1 of 11
Anonymous
60625 Views, 10 Replies

Scene Error Frame Selection "No object matches name" Mystery Camera any clues???

Hi Everyone, 

I have a problem I can't seem to solve. I have been working with a few scenes and I had to import a shader ball and some of my old shader network. 

Each time I open the scene, the camera view is changed to "shaderBallOrthoCamera1 -Z"
This camera is not selectable, and disappears as soon as I change to a perspective or ortho view, or the persp1 Render camera. However "Frame Selected" (F) key does not work and I get the error:

C:/Program Files/Autodesk/Maya2018/scripts/others/fitAllPanels.mel line 68: No object matches name: shaderBallOrthoCamera1 //

Error: file: C:/Program Files/Autodesk/Maya2018/scripts/others/fitAllPanels.mel line 68: No object matches name: shaderBallOrthoCamera1

The only way to solve this is to reset my panel layout to "Quad View".. and only "Quad View" every single time I open the scene. 

Can someone please tell me what's going on? I have tried to optomize the scene with all options checked, even copy pasted the objects into a new scene...and still this persists. Maybe export the scene and reimport it? 

I have no idea why this is happening... there is no "shaderBallOrthoCamera" node in the outliner.. as far as I can tell even with DAG shapes disabled. 

So weird... I have never seen this before, I would like to know how to solve it incase I face this again on a much bigger / critical project. 

Where is this magical error camera coming from and where does it disappear? Mystery indeed. 

Thank you, 

Deepak 

10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11
mspeer
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi!

1. Remove all unused 3rd party nodes

2. Save scene as ".ma" .

Message 3 of 11
Anonymous
in reply to: mspeer

Hey MSpeer, 

Thanks for the reply.. I tried that via all the options in "Optomize Scene"... still same error. Is there a better way to check for 3rd party nodes?

Message 4 of 11
mspeer

Hi!

Some nodes in your scene are locked, you need to unlock them first. Please read the Maya Online Help / Documentation for more details.

Check with Outliner (uncheck "DAG Objects only").

You can also manual check the.ma file.

Message 5 of 11
Anonymous
in reply to: mspeer

Hi Mspeer,

Is there a way to select locked nodes in the scene? I have DAG Objects Only disabled, I see a bunch of nodes I don't know what each one is. I have run select all then found an unlock node script... this doesnt help. 

Can you point me to the documentation that you're referring to? I really don't understand how to figure out which nodes are locked without checking every node at a time. 

Message 6 of 11
mspeer

Message 7 of 11
Anonymous

This had worked for me.  Open Hypershade, in the Material Viewer, toggle from Shader Ball to anything else in the list, then back until the Shader Ball renders.  Save and reopen and the error should be gone.

Message 8 of 11
EderSouzadesigner

I had the same issue, and I solved it review all the namespace related to the operation I was working on plus where I was saving the cache to it ( in my case).

@Anonymouswrote:

Hey MSpeer, 

Thanks for the reply.. I tried that via all the options in "Optomize Scene"... still same error. Is there a better way to check for 3rd party nodes?

Message 9 of 11
adenne
in reply to: EderSouzadesigner

Ok, so a couple of things or combinations that can cause this...all connected to the material viewer.

This error can occur when you save the scene with the hypershade window open.  For me, I dont have the material viewer open as its more problematic than useful. However when i open the hypershade, you can see the material viewer popup for a second before disappearing to the correct format. (see attached video). I guess its just another legacy of the poor implementation of the QT ui.  

I also noticed that if in your prefs/UI elements/ Restore saved layouts from file  is unchecked, the error will occur if you have saved the scene with the hypershade window open. Turn that back on, and it should go away.

So either, dont save scene with hypershade open, or check those prefs options. Something like that anyway.

Message 10 of 11
Cizephy

Have you tried to re-assign the cameras?

Select the shot > attribute editor > shot attributes > shot camera (select camera available)  

Message 11 of 11
sladkova.a

Had this problem with lights. Got this error message: // Error: file: C:/Program Files/Autodesk/Maya2023/scripts/others/propertyPanel.mel line 1336: nodeType: No object or UFE path string matches name 'ceilingPanel_big'.

In my case I messed up the "shape" node naming. Make sure the light object name is for example "ceilingPanel_big" and the shape name is "ceilingPanel_bigShape". Once I fixed that the error disappeared.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report