Community
Maya Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Maya Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Maya topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Renderman: My 2d Texture repeats on my model

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
887 Views, 3 Replies

Renderman: My 2d Texture repeats on my model

Hi! So I'm using a game model for a class assignment. I laid out the UV's and everything and now I'm trying to texture it, I took a UV snapshot, took it into photoshop, imported into maya 2018 as a jpeg. I'm using a PxrSurface to apply my 2D texture but for some reason...its tiling? It is as if its putting the texture ON EVERY FACE of the model that has the Pxrsurface applied to it. This seems to be only a problem when I use PxrSurface/Renderman because I applied the same 2d texture but on a lambert surface and it looks just fine(pics included). I really do not know what's going on? Someone please help!! (I've included the JPEG file of the UV, the way it looks when rendered with renderman, the way it looks with just a lambert texture on it, and the UVS on maya)

skintest.jpgwhat the heck is happenign.pngwhat the heck is happenign2.pngwhat the heck is happenign3.png

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
sean.heasley
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi @Anonymous 

If you right click the model and then open the Material Attributes you can click on one of the little arrows to get to the detail tab of the texture. From there you should be able to see if the material is tiling or not.

If that doesn't help, you can try unloading/reloading all of your Renderman plugins and/or deleting your settings/preferences as well.

I don't have access to Renderman so this can be a bit tough to test but please let me know if anything changes!

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: sean.heasley

HI! So I recently figured out that it really was a Renderman Problem. I was working on Maya 2018 with RenderMan 22.1 and the minute I updated to RenderMan 22.3 the problem was fixed immediately..........Smiley Indifferent LOL. Thank you for your help, however!!

Message 4 of 4
sean.heasley
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi @Anonymous 

No problem I'm glad you figured it out! Thanks for coming back and explaining what you did to solve it!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report