Community
Maya Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Maya Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Maya topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Redshift Plugin set by Maya_Module_Path not Auto Loading for all users

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
richard.harper
2696 Views, 4 Replies

Redshift Plugin set by Maya_Module_Path not Auto Loading for all users

Hi,

I've installed Redshift 2.6.31 for Maya 2018 using the MAYA_MODULE_PATH environment variable on Windows 10.

The plugin works fine, however for all users it needs to be manually enabled through the Plug-in Manager.

Maya automatically loads (Loaded and Auto Load ticked) other plugins from .mod files such as Substance and MtoA.

How can I enable this for all users without the maya.env file? 

Cheers,

Rich

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Hi @richard.harper 

When you say it needs to be manually loaded, do you mean every time they launch Maya or just initially?

Otherwise they may need to have the env file which shouldn't be too bad since it can be copy/pasted into the folder.

Message 3 of 5

Hi Sean,

It would be for every launch. We’re using ~400 workstations that are also part of a render farm, so having all the correct plugins load is important. The Maya.env one is difficult as our users add customisations which we don’t want to override when deploying a new plugin. 

Do you know why some plugins would automatically load, but others not without first ticking the auto-load per user?

Thank you for your help,

Rich

Message 4 of 5

Hi @richard.harper 

I believe this is because some plugins are necessary for Mayas launch and/or come with auto load enabled even on a fresh install while other plugins aren't necessary and/or enabled at launch like the bullet plugin for example hence why they need to be enabled to auto load.

That said I'm surprised this is happening for you with Redshift but not other plugins like Arnold and Substance etc. Could you possibly try unloading/reloading Redshift on one of your machines and see if the auto load then works? This is just a bit tough to troubleshoot more in depth because I don't have access to Redshift.

Message 5 of 5

substance and mtoa are special cases, and Maya will autoload them the very first time

Maya2018\scripts\startup\initialPluginLoad.mel

But if you turn off autoload after that, then mtoa doesn't get autoloaded anymore

// Stephen Blair
// Arnold Renderer Support

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report