Community
Maya Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Maya Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Maya topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

project location

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
1463 Views, 2 Replies

project location

hi friends
I wand move my project to other drive...
how to change location with all files (xgen masks, texture maps and ect)
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
sean.heasley
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi @Anonymous and welcome to the community!

Once the project folder has been moved, you can simply change where your Set Project location is.

Maya will automatically find the scene files and project hierarchy this way however when it comes to texture paths these will most likely need to be redirected by hand.

As for xGen, xGen's project path is determined by the Maya project path, this is to ensure that the XGen files are saved to the same location as the maya scene file. If you need to change this location, you can edit the file path parameter for XGen:

FilePathEdit.pngFilePath.png

Then you can set the path. You can gave a mix of absolute and relative paths, as shown above, and you can add multiple locations separated by ; 

Xgen will look in each location in turn till it finds the files it needs. If it can't dind them, an error will be shown in the log file.

The ${PROJECT} flag is the relative project path, which is generally the current maya project path, where the XGen folder is expected to be located by default. 

XGen will create the folder if the data path is altered and no xgen folder is present, but it won't copy over files to the new location.

Please let me know if this information helps or if you need any more assistance!

If one or more of these posts helped answer your question, please click Accept as Solution on the posts that helped you so others in the community can find them easily.

Kudos are greatly appreciated. Everyone likes a thumbs up!

Message 3 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Thanks dear

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report