Community
Maya Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Maya Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Maya topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

problems with batch rendering Maya 2018

12 REPLIES 12
SOLVED
Message 1 of 13
rjino4732
6852 Views, 12 Replies

problems with batch rendering Maya 2018

Initiating a batch render results in the following from the script editor. The batch render never starts or is terminably slow i.e. after several minutes not renders are processed. Since I'm on a Mac there are no "verbose" commands available (that I'm aware of) to attempt troubleshooting. 

Screen Shot 2017-09-13 at 6.58.05 AM.png

If I attempt a subsequent batch-render command the following message pops up:

Screen Shot 2017-09-13 at 6.58.49 AM.png

Its worth noting that I have a second machine with Maya 2018 which does not display this problem.

I suspect network/backburner problems. However I've never seen this issue before.....Maya 2017 appears to be working ok without this issue.

Any help appreciated.

12 REPLIES 12
Message 2 of 13
sean.heasley
in reply to: rjino4732

Hi @rjino4732

Is your second machine with Maya running Windows or Mac?

One fix, while it's a bit odd, might be to disconnect your internet and then attempt to batch render.

Let me know if anything changes!

If one or more of these posts helped answer your question, please click Accept as Solution on the posts that helped you so others in the community can find them easily.

Kudos are greatly appreciated. Everyone likes a thumbs up!

Message 3 of 13
rjino4732
in reply to: sean.heasley

Second machine is also Mac.

This has occurred only recently, I think. I should mention that I updated to vray 3.6 yesterday but that may be only coincidence. The behavior occurs for all render types/engines. Only on this iMac:

Model Name: iMac

Model Identifier: iMac17,1

Processor Name: Intel Core i7

Processor Speed: 4 GHz

Number of Processors: 1

Total Number of Cores: 4

L2 Cache (per Core): 256 KB

L3 Cache: 8 MB

Memory: 64 GB

I tried the old trick that you've suggested in the past: see below. But this has not made a difference. 

Screen Shot 2017-08-15 at 10.18.45 AM.png

Message 4 of 13
rjino4732

BTW I tried, but the disconnecting ethernet/internet did not make a difference to the behavior. 

Message 5 of 13
sean.heasley

Aside from the update to vray, is there anything else different between the two macs?

It's odd that its working fine on one and not the other so if unless its the vray update there must be something else causing the issue.

Another step may be to check your plug-ins and custom scripts if you have any on either machine to see if they may be interfering with the batch render.

Let me know if anything changes!

Message 6 of 13
rjino4732

1. "Render Sequence" seems to work ok.

2. Maya 2017 seems to work normally

3. Thus is the first time that I've attempted to fire off a batch render from this machine with Maya 2018

Message 7 of 13
rjino4732

Yes, odd. I disabled the vray plugin but other than that this is a standard installation with no custom scripts. The scene consists of two standard geometries plus a light. From the screen shot below you can see the "Batch Render Monitor" and an attempt to instantiate a second copy of Maya (far right) -if that makes sense. I've never noticed this additional icon in the menu-bar until today. (The three remaining Maya items in the center are Maya 2016/2017/2018 shortcuts).

Screen Shot 2017-09-13 at 9.00.04 AM.png

Message 8 of 13
mspeer

Hi!

Try a reset of your preferences.
Rename the folder prefs in folder 2018 to something like prefs_backup, or to reset everything, the folder 2018 to 2018_backup. Maya creates new folders. Detailed at:
https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/maya/troubleshooting/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/Reset-May...

Message 9 of 13
rjino4732
in reply to: mspeer

Yes, good idea. I was going to do this and was side-tracked into another project.

Message 10 of 13
laomusic_arts

Hi !

I just had this issue and on Script Editor I have:

"Error:  line 1: (Mayatomr): "This Operation requires a mental ray license"

Message 11 of 13
mrigankdelhi

i am having a problem in batch rendering can anyone help me sort it out??

i am using maya 18 and redshift...i created a quick rig and i downloaded a mocap from rokoko and i used human ik to connect the animation to my rig using source then i made cloth simulationin a different file and i also created xgen hair in a different file and simulated all....basically all the obejects are simulated in different files using the same mocap..and i merged it all in a single file using reference...but when i try to render it its all getting messed up all the objects are not in place...its cached and using the same animation...i also created a playblast of it its completely fine but when i batch render it its creating problems ...i really dont know what to do??...i feel when i am creating playblast its playing the simulation so its not creating problems but when i am batch rendering its reading a single frame at a time so the objects aren't following properly??...whats the solution

Message 12 of 13

Hi!
Try using Pixar´s Renderman and then add an evaluation frequency attribute to the shape node of whatever is animated:

-go to Advanced Renderman Controls > View > Geometric Settings > Create > Add/Remove Settings > Find Evaluation Frequency
-Right click (RMC) and Add Selected > Then select the whole animated mesh by just dragging in viewport
- Then press down arrow key, it will select the shape nodes ( once its selected it will show in the script editor that all the shape nodes are selected )
- click Attach

Good luck!

Message 13 of 13

thnx ill try

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report