Community
Maya Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Maya Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Maya topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Please HELP ASAP

1 REPLY 1
SOLVED
Message 1 of 2
184 Views, 1 Reply

Please HELP ASAP

// Warning: "C:/Program Files/Autodesk/MayaUSD/Maya2024/0.23.1/mayausd/MayaUSD/plugin/adsk/scripts/mayaUsd_layerEditorFileDialogs.mel" line 145.57 : Redeclaration of variable "$layout" shadows previous declaration at line 139. Previous value will be overwritten by explicit initializer.

This error came up when I downloaded my file from another computer. The file includes a Hand Model and Rigging Setup with Joints and Circle Controls. I had just finished Painting the Weights, saved the file, uploaded it to OneDrive, downloaded the file on another computer, and opened the file using the same version (2024).

When I opened the file on the different computer, the hierarchy of the circle controls were non existent and the skin was not binded to the joints.

What happened and how can I fix this??

Labels (1)
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
hagen.deloss
in reply to: 30096865

Hi @30096865 ,

That's not good! I hope you found a way through this issue, but if not, here are a few things to note.

Albeit I am no programmer, it looks like the warning has to do with a duplication of a line called Layout, i think that might be associated with your materials, but not your rig. It's also a warning, not an error, but I could be wrong that the issue is unrelated.

Regarding the unbinding issue, things to check for would be:

• Make sure any and all plugins and versions are up to date.
  • It does look like its referencing Maya USD, are you using USD in your scene?
  • Check any file pathing names to make sure everything is pathing correctly per the previous version

Hope any of this helps 😄 Warm regards, 

Hagen Deloss
Community Manager | Media & Entertainment
Installation & Licensing forums | Contact product support | Autodesk AREA

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report