Community
Maya Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Maya Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Maya topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Paintmaps not showing

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
Anonymous
816 Views, 5 Replies

Paintmaps not showing

Hei Everyone.

I'm having a weird problem with Xgen. 

I painted some maps for the attribute length and density over my model, saved them, ''simulate'' them, rendered them, great, everything works fine.

I reload the file, everything looks the same as I left it, for the only exception that when I try to modify the paintmaps, these don't show, the mesh where I was painting the map is completely white when it shouldn't be. So I can't actually change aything about the paintmaps..What can the problem be?

using windows 10 with Maya 2017
Many thanks!

When I click on the brush icon that allow me to open the brush settings, maya shows me this error:

# Warning: Some surfaces have no file texture assigned to the current attribute.

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
sean.heasley
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi @Anonymous and welcome to the community!

This sounds like an issue I saw recently and while I cant remember it off the top of my head I think I know what you can do.

When you load the scene, can you please try applying a new lambert shader to the model and see if that fixes the paint map issue and/or if that error about the texture goes away?

Let me know how it goes for you!

If one or more of these posts helped answer your question, please click Accept as Solution on the posts that helped you so others in the community can find them easily.

Kudos are greatly appreciated. Everyone likes a thumbs up!

Message 3 of 6
sean.heasley
in reply to: sean.heasley

Hi @Anonymous

I'm just checking in again to see if you need more help with this. Did the suggestion I provided yesterday work for you?

If so, please click Accept as Solution on the posts that helped you so others in the community can find them easily.

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous

Sorry for the delay.

No it doesn't solve the problem

Message 5 of 6
sean.heasley
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi @Anonymous

Hmm ok.

When you get a chance, can you please post some screenshots or video of your issue so I can see exactly what's happening on your machine?

If you need a video capturing program, Screencast is a great option that we use here at Autodesk

Let me know if anything changes!

Message 6 of 6
sean.heasley

Hi @Anonymous

Just wanted to check in to see how things were going. Are you still having this issue?

If your issue is resolved, please click Accept as Solution on the posts that helped you so others in the community can find them easily.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report