Community
Maya Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Maya Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Maya topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

straight view

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
raquelfreit
1436 Views, 4 Replies

straight view

Can you please tell me if there is any shortcut for Mac to straight the view on Perspective View, like the viewcube on older versions, for Maya 2018?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
sean.heasley
in reply to: raquelfreit

Hi @raquelfreit and welcome to the community!

I'm a bit confused when you say straighten the view. Do you mean like how you could click a side of the viewcube and the camera would straighten out?

The viewcube isn't supported in Viewport 2.0, however you can straighten the camera based on an object.

For example, if you have a cube, you can select one face then go to View->Align Camera to Polygon and that will align the Camera to the polygon and straighten it out accordingly.

Please let me know if this helps or if you need any more assistance!

If one or more of these posts helped answer your question, please click Accept as Solution on the posts that helped you so others in the community can find them easily.

Kudos are greatly appreciated. Everyone likes a thumbs up!

Message 3 of 5
sean.heasley
in reply to: sean.heasley

Hi @raquelfreit

I'm just checking in again to see if you need more help with this. Did the suggestion I provided yesterday work for you?

If so, please click Accept as Solution on the posts that helped you so others in the community can find them easily.

Message 4 of 5
raquelfreit
in reply to: sean.heasley

Hi,

Yes, it works, but I still miss the viewcube. As I working on a Mac with two mouse buttons, it's hard to keep the grid straight.

Thanks very much for you help.

Regard's

Raquel

Message 5 of 5
mspeer
in reply to: raquelfreit

Hi!

Why not using the Orthographic Views (front, side, top)?

It's faster to switch (with Hotbox) than using the ViewCube.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report