Community
Maya Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Maya Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Maya topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Missing Polygon shelf

15 REPLIES 15
SOLVED
Message 1 of 16
Ani_Sn
32315 Views, 15 Replies

Missing Polygon shelf

Hi
I just installed Maya 2016 and polygon tool is missing in menu set from the beginning. I tried to reset in the menu set but its not helping.
Can someone help with to solve this problem?

15 REPLIES 15
Message 2 of 16
Anonymous
in reply to: Ani_Sn

Navigate to the user Maya prefs directory and delete shelves folder. After a restart all of the default shelves should be generates. If not, delete the entire prefs folder.

Windows: %homepath%\Documents\maya\2016\prefs
OSX: ~/Library/Preferences/Autodesk/maya/2016/prefs

Linux: ~/maya/2016/prefs

Message 3 of 16
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi Mike I got a similar problem to Ani. 

I am old and behind the times... I have been using Autodesk 2013 for years... today, suddenly, my 'render' vanished from the shelf. Do I perform the same steps you advised to Ani?

I await your reply no rush, A kudos awaits you along with my deepest appreciation. 

On my shelf, I still have general, curves, surface, polygons, subdiv, animation, dynamic, paint effects, toon, muscle, fluid, fur, hair, ncloth, custom, deformation.

Message 4 of 16
Anonymous

Hi @Anonymous!

Yes, I would advise the same steps. You can always back up that folder to ensure you retain data.

If you are upgrading from 2013 to a newer version, I would recommend not importing preferences. If you have, I would suggest doing a complete prefs reset (just rename the prefs folder for the new Maya version) and restart Maya. The newer applications are very much not compatible with older versions.

Message 5 of 16
Anonymous

Thanks a lot, MIke.I am obliged to you. 

Message 6 of 16
Anonymous

dickmove didn't work for me.

Message 7 of 16
Anonymous

finally, I got my 20 yr old next door neighbor to do it for me....

...in exchange for a USB in the shape of Captain America.

🙂

Message 8 of 16
Anonymous

yer same was a struggle got there though sweet xxxoxoxoxox

Message 9 of 16
Anonymous

next time that Happens. Go to the tool icon (the wheel looking thing on the Left)  on your shelf tab and click on it. Their you should see an option that reads ( load Shelf) and click on poly Modelling

Message 10 of 16
Anonymous

Holy guacamoly thank you SO MUCH!!!! I wasn't able to follow the first steps suggested at the top of the thread, but your solution worked perfectly. Thanks again!

@Anonymous wrote:

next time that Happens. Go to the tool icon (the wheel looking thing on the Left)  on your shelf tab and click on it. Their you should see an option that reads ( load Shelf) and click on poly Modelling

Message 11 of 16
halleckarts

You're a genius and I love you.

Halleck

Message 12 of 16
tbass4X6HAL

Can confirm this does nothing now I don't have a shelf folder and I'm using a student license thanks a lot. 

Message 13 of 16
bryanGCYPS
in reply to: tbass4X6HAL

Hey, It's been years since this post. But I had the same problem in Maya 2022. 

It appeared that I scrolled down inside the shelf, and it looked disappeared. 
So before resetting or deleting anything, check if you didn't scroll inside the shelf... 

The self isn't even full of icons.. Yet, you are able to scroll.. Seems to be redundant and super confusing if you manage to do this unnoticed. 

Hope this helps

Message 14 of 16
nikunjrathore8623

I did what you mentioned that is I deleted, the entire prefs folder but when I opened my Maya application again, all my previous works were gone, what should I do now?

Message 15 of 16
sathish_rD64VU

I have checked on that Shelf icon but didn't find Load shelf option in it. Then what can do?

Message 16 of 16
sathish_rD64VU

While rendering I had faced an unexpected crash on Maya, so I reinstalled Maya. After that Polygon shelf tool is missing in shelf. How can I add it again in Shelf.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report