Community
Maya Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Maya Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Maya topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

maya2018 Update3

14 REPLIES 14
SOLVED
Message 1 of 15
Bruce.Lee.
8152 Views, 14 Replies

maya2018 Update3

When will Update3 of Maya2018 come? What are the new features of maya2018.3?

Tags (1)
14 REPLIES 14
Message 2 of 15
sean.heasley
in reply to: Bruce.Lee.

Hi @Bruce.Lee.

We're actually still working on Update 2 for it's upcoming release, then Update 3 Smiley Tongue

Also unfortunately I can not say when Updates are planned to release, I can however reassure you that our dev team is hard at work on them and look forward to releasing them as soon as they are ready!

Let me know if this helps you at all or if you need more information!

If one or more of these posts helped answer your question, please click Accept as Solution on the posts that helped you so others in the community can find them easily.

Kudos are greatly appreciated. Everyone likes a thumbs up!

Message 3 of 15
Bruce.Lee.
in reply to: sean.heasley

update2 when will it be released? Will it have significant new features?

Thank you!

Message 4 of 15
sean.heasley

Hi @Bruce.Lee.

My apologies but I can't say when Update 2 will be released or what features will be available.

However I can guarantee once I am allowed to do so, there will be a post here on the forums with a download link as well as information on all the new features and fixed that come with the update!

Let me know if you need anything else!

Message 5 of 15
Bruce.Lee.

I see the maya beta version there is a new bifrsot menu. What is it doing? Will this new menu be published in the Maya2018 update? Still need to wait until maya2019 will be released?

thank you!!

Message 6 of 15
Bruce.Lee.

I see the maya beta version there is a new bifrsot menu. What is it doing? Will this new menu be published in the Maya2018 update? Still need to wait until maya2019 will be released?

thank you!!

Message 7 of 15
sean.heasley

Hi @Bruce.Lee.

Sorry again but I can't say what changes are being made and what's being done with bifrost.

We will however have documentation on it and plenty of information available for all the features and new tricks you can do once we release the updates and eventually, Maya 2019!

Hope this helps!

Message 8 of 15
oejustin

It would be nice if Autodesk would focus on fixing what's broken instead of new features that only a small percentage of users will actually benefit from - I've been using this software for 15 years and it's always the same thing - Please release stable software, not all of us have access to custom builds, Maya should be good to go out of the box and it is very from it. 

If you released 2019 with not even one new feature but everything worked the way it was supposed to, everyone would be happy. Ugh -

Message 9 of 15
Bruce.Lee.
in reply to: oejustin

HI!
I do not agree with your point of view. Repairing defects is very important, but new features are more important. If you are modelling or animating, you may not feel the importance of new features, but when you are an FX artist, you will find that the efficiency of maya's current FX tools is very low. This is why most FX artists and companies use other software, such as Houdini.

Thank you!

Message 10 of 15
oejustin
in reply to: oejustin

When can we expect Update 3 to be released? 

Message 11 of 15
Anonymous

Message 12 of 15
oejustin
in reply to: Anonymous

Yes, thank you I have posted in that thread as well and have not gotten a response. I was hoping for something a little more specific than "April".... But thanks so much for being that guy - 

Message 13 of 15
Anonymous

Anytime 😉

Autodesk will not be giving you a rough date, if they did I would be more than surprised. I don’t remember them ever doing that. Based of previous years, I’d venture between the 20-27. Earlier than that would be welcome, but not expected. For most software companies I know (outside of plugins/render engines), a specified month (without a general early-mid-late time) generally falls to late-Month, or mid-Month at the earliest.

Cheers,
Mike
Message 14 of 15
Anonymous

How to download maya update3

@sean.heasley wrote:

Hi @Bruce.Lee.

My apologies but I can't say when Update 2 will be released or what features will be available.

However I can guarantee once I am allowed to do so, there will be a post here on the forums with a download link as well as information on all the new features and fixed that come with the update!

@sean.heasley wrote:

Hi @Bruce.Lee.

Message 15 of 15
sean.heasley
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi @Anonymous

We've actually just released Update 4 for 2018!

You can download it via the Desktop App or by logging in here and navigating to Updates and Addons.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report