Community
Maya Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Maya Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Maya topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maya versions for students and education

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
sschmidYS87P
626 Views, 3 Replies

Maya versions for students and education

I'm an animation educator. Which version should we be teaching to be in line with industry and also it has to be a version available as a student version: Maya 2022, 2023, 2024 and 2025 are currently available for educational use. (Not earlier versions.) Some studios use earlier versions than 2024 or 2025 or a version of their choice because they've developed a workflow pipeline, therefore I'm wondering which version should we be teaching on a 3D animation course?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Doesnt matter, Maya doesnt change that much over time. Most files i use here are opening in 2023 and 2025 and do render fine in both. I would teach the latest to cover everything. But Students need to learn the basics first.

----------------------------------------------------------------
https://linktr.ee/cg_oglu
Message 3 of 4
sschmidYS87P
in reply to: sschmidYS87P

The answer corresponds to the teaching approach where Maya is a tool to learn the basics of 3D animation - using Maya 2023 and 2024 to avoid any 'bugs' in 2025.

Message 4 of 4

The answer corresponds to the teaching approach where Maya is a tool to learn the basics of 3D animation - using Maya 2023 and 2024 to avoid any 'bugs' in 2025.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report