Community
Maya Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Maya Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Maya topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maya versions for students and education

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
sschmidYS87P
314 Views, 3 Replies

Maya versions for students and education

I'm an animation educator. Which version should we be teaching to be in line with industry and also it has to be a version available as a student version: Maya 2022, 2023, 2024 and 2025 are currently available for educational use. (Not earlier versions.) Some studios use earlier versions than 2024 or 2025 or a version of their choice because they've developed a workflow pipeline, therefore I'm wondering which version should we be teaching on a 3D animation course?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Doesnt matter, Maya doesnt change that much over time. Most files i use here are opening in 2023 and 2025 and do render fine in both. I would teach the latest to cover everything. But Students need to learn the basics first.

----------------------------------------------------------------
https://linktr.ee/cg_oglu
Message 3 of 4
sschmidYS87P
in reply to: sschmidYS87P

The answer corresponds to the teaching approach where Maya is a tool to learn the basics of 3D animation - using Maya 2023 and 2024 to avoid any 'bugs' in 2025.

Message 4 of 4

The answer corresponds to the teaching approach where Maya is a tool to learn the basics of 3D animation - using Maya 2023 and 2024 to avoid any 'bugs' in 2025.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report