Community
Maya Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Maya Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Maya topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maya student license does not save shelf

11 REPLIES 11
SOLVED
Message 1 of 12
Anonymous
1430 Views, 11 Replies

Maya student license does not save shelf

Maya 2018 installed on D/ is unable to save custom shelf. The shelf that I created it saves but... empty. Shelf is always empty after next time opening.

Someone has the same happy?

11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12
sean.heasley
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi @Anonymous and welcome to the community!

A quick fix you can try is deleting your settings/preferences.

If that doesn't work, you'll want to perform a clean uninstall/reinstall of Maya.

Let me know if anything changes!

Message 3 of 12
sean.heasley
in reply to: sean.heasley

Hi @Anonymous

I'm just checking in again to see if you need more help with this. Did the suggestion I provided yesterday work for you?

If so, please click Accept as Solution on the posts that helped you so others in the community can find them easily.

Message 4 of 12
Anonymous

I will try clear reinstall Maya

Message 5 of 12
Anonymous

Total fault. 

I mage clean reinstalling Maya. But custom shelf does not save

Message 6 of 12
sean.heasley

Hi @Anonymous

Hmm ok.

Try going to Windows->Settings/Prefs->Preferences->Save actions. There's an option Save all preferences when Maya exits. Is that checked for you?

If it's not, check it then try creating the shelf.

If it is checked, uncheck it and restart Maya then go back to it and enable it again.

Let me know how that goes for you!

Message 7 of 12
sean.heasley

Hi @Anonymous

I'm just checking in again to see if you need more help with this. Did the suggestion I provided yesterday work for you?

If so, please click Accept as Solution on the posts that helped you so others in the community can find them easily.

Message 8 of 12
Anonymous

I followed concern your advice. Unfortunately, the same result.

Maya creates system folder on my disk where needs to save all prefs, and it unable to save here, because the folder has attribute "only read ".

I tried change attribute, deleted the folder and created new one with the same name, but every time Maya launching creates folder with limited access attribute. Then it can't to save in folder (screenshot in attach)

Message 9 of 12
sean.heasley

Hi @Anonymous

Are you the administrator on your machine?

If not, please get administrator access and/or try right clicking on your Maya icon and select Run as Administrator

Message 10 of 12
Anonymous

Thank you for answer. 

Yes, I am an administrator of the machine.

I did all how you recommended. But I met the same fault.

I save new shelf and appeared the script about impossibility  to save in folder preffs (screenshots in attach), after new launch of program my custom shelf was empty.

Message 11 of 12
sean.heasley

Hi @Anonymous

Hmm ok. It definitely seems to be an issue with the read/write of the files. You said you changed the folder type so it is no longer read only yes? Can you please confirm that it is still in read and write mode.

Also where is your Maya prefs folder located? My Documents?

Message 12 of 12
sean.heasley

Hi @Anonymous

Just wanted to check in to see how things were going. Are you still having this issue?

If your issue is resolved, please click Accept as Solution on the posts that helped you so others in the community can find them easily.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report