Community
Maya Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Maya Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Maya topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

maya 2019 bifrost timeline cache is gone

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
abercaine
1318 Views, 8 Replies

maya 2019 bifrost timeline cache is gone

hello,

Looks like that the bifrost cache display in the timeline is not available in maya 2019.
Does the new cache system break this feature or there is something specific to do to enable it again?

Thanks 

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
mspeer
in reply to: abercaine

Hi!

I can confirm this, but the Cached Playback has it's own display area, so there should be no reason for any interference.

Message 3 of 9
mspeer
in reply to: mspeer

Hi!

It seems that information has been changed to a less obtrusive text information at the bottom of the UI.

I am not sure if you can switch this back to the colored feedback.

Message 4 of 9
abercaine

that's a bummer, cause the little line gets stuck sometimes.
hoping there is an env variable to switch it back again 

Message 5 of 9
mspeer
in reply to: abercaine

Hi!

Maybe @sean.heasley can give some information, if the colored timeslider view for Bifrost Cache can be enabled again.

I would prefer the colored feedback too (even if only a narrow line similar to Cached Playback)

Message 6 of 9
sean.heasley

Hi @mspeer and @abercaine

I'm able to reproduce this as well but I'm not 100% sure if there's an easy way to toggle this on/off and/or overwrite it with an env variable.

I sent an email to a developer asking this and I'll be sure to follow up here as soon as I hear back from them.

Message 7 of 9
sean.heasley
in reply to: sean.heasley

Hi @abercaine and @mspeer

Development got back to me and it has indeed been removed for now but only until we get Bifrost using the new caching system at which point it will be back but I can't say when development plans to get Bifrost onto the new caching system.

Message 8 of 9
abercaine

ok i see thanks for the info

Message 9 of 9
Anonymous

Hi 

When should we expect the changes with new cache system ? I'm currently trying to cache a simulation out but its hard to tell if the cache has fully completed or not 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report