Community
Maya Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Maya Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Maya topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maya 2018 Viewport not showing

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
Anonymous
1694 Views, 6 Replies

Maya 2018 Viewport not showing

Hello,

I'm a 3D animation student. I've been using Maya 2018 since December 2017, so I'm still very new. However, in all my projects so far I've never had an issue like this. I hope someone here can help me out.

I tried to create a new project and all I could see was the screen below—the giant M just links to Maya's website... So I closed Maya, restarted my computer, and opened an old project that used to show correctly (a .mb file), but even that showed the same screen as below. I tried other projects but got the same results every time.

Any ideas?

Screen Shot 2018-07-14 at 8.09.23 PM.png

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
sean.heasley
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi @Anonymous and welcome to the community!

Generally this type of issue is with the GPU which can be a little tough to test since you are on Mac.

What version of Mac OS are you using?

Also, is your Maya 2018 up to date (update 3)?

Message 3 of 7
sean.heasley
in reply to: sean.heasley

Hi @Anonymous

Just wanted to check in to see how things were going. Are you still having this issue?

If your issue is resolved, please click Accept as Solution on the posts that helped you so others in the community can find them easily.

Message 4 of 7
Anonymous

Hi Sean,

Thank you so much for checking on me. I actually ended up using this help article to reset the Maya preferences: https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/maya/troubleshooting/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/Reset-May...

I had to reset the preferences twice while working on that specific project. Still not entirely sure what was wrong.

Unless Maya automatically applies updates, I highly doubt that I'm using the latest updated version. How do I check for and install updates?

Message 5 of 7
sean.heasley
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi @Anonymous

You can check what version your Maya is running by going to Help->About Maya. If it shows nothing you're on vanilla Maya 2018 otherwise it will say Update 1, 2 or 3.

To update Maya, you can either use the Desktop app or log in and download the update manually here.

If one or more of these posts helped answer your question, please click Accept as Solution on the posts that helped you so others in the community can find them easily.

Kudos are greatly appreciated. Everyone likes a thumbs up!

Message 6 of 7
sean.heasley

Hi @Anonymous

I'm just checking in again to see if you need more help with this. Did the suggestion I provided yesterday work for you?

If so, please click Accept as Solution on the posts that helped you so others in the community can find them easily.

Message 7 of 7
Anonymous

Thank you for your help! 

On this weeks project Maya only crashed a couple times, but no more than the usual amount—which is why I save so often. Overall the program is running better. Thank you!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report