Community
Maya Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Maya Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Maya topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MASH super long loading times in arnold render view IPR

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
832 Views, 3 Replies

MASH super long loading times in arnold render view IPR

Hey

I didn't find another MASH specific forum so I'll leave it here:

I have about 9000 Mash points in my scene to which I instance aiStandIns. When ever I try to get a render of the current scene in the Arnold RenderView it either takes forever to load (about 4min) or Maya freezes at some point. I did try to cache the points with the tools MASH provides. That did work for one setup, I adjusted settings, re-cached, aaaand it did not work again.

When I bake the whole scene to .ass and kick ass everything loads and renders fast and fine.  So I assume this has to do with the instancing onto the points...but I don't know how to  fix this. Looking at rendered previews inside the scene would be crucial for our workflow....

Thanks for reading!

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
sean.heasley
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi @Anonymous and welcome to the community!

What GPU are you using and are the drivers on our certified hardware list?

You can find our certified hardware list here!

Also out of curiosity, if you lower the amount of points does the IPR still have this issue?

Let me know if anything changes!

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: sean.heasley

I am currently using a GeForce GTX 1080 Ti with driver version 398.36 which is not on the list. We just opend the scene on a machine with 390.77 driver and it did work there. So I guess downgrading the driver will be the solution for now. Thanks!

Also, if I lowered the amount of points it did get better, but not really. On the other machine with the older driver version it taks only 1/10 of time to load .

Message 4 of 4
sean.heasley
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi @Anonymous

Yup so it's definitely a driver issue. Glad to hear it's working though on another machine!

Please let me know if there's anything else you need assistance with!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report