Community
Maya Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Maya Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Maya topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maya 2018 Render.exe crash at launch after installing 3dsMax update 4

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
Anonymous
1323 Views, 5 Replies

Maya 2018 Render.exe crash at launch after installing 3dsMax update 4

Hi all!

I'm getting a weird behaviour with Maya 2018 (or 2018.1, on both) that prevent me from working... It's pretty serious and urgent 😕

Anytime I'm trying to do a batch render, either with the interface or with a command line, Render.exe crash at launch.
Here are some info about the error:
  Event name:    APPCRASH
  Application:    Render.exe
  Version:    18.1.0.6143
  Default module: Foundation.dll
  Version of module: 18.1.0.6143
  Exception code: c0000005

Also, when I open Maya 2018 and display the render panel, I just have 2 options showing, and this message coming up in the script editor:
Error: file: C:/Maya/Maya2018/scripts/others/mayaRenderMenu.mel line 147: menuItem: Object 'renderCurrentFrameMenuItem' not found. //

This issue happened right after I installed the update 4 of 3dsMax 2018... (I often used a combination of this two softwares)

I tried different things: - downgrade 3dsMax 2018 by uninstalling the update 4, it brings back all the options in the "render" panel but Render.exe still crash at launch.
- Uninstall 3dsMax 2018 totally, not changing a thing,
- Uninstall 3dsMax 2018 and Maya 2018 totally, then install 3dsMax 2018, doing the update 4, installing Maya 2018 then update to 2018.1, the two bugs are still here,
- Uninstall 3dsMax 2018 and Maya 2018 totally, then install Maya 2018, update to 2018.1 the errors are still there. Installing 3dsMax 2018 then and Render.exe still crash.

Will it be possible that the update of 3dsMax is changing a global registry key use by all autodesk product? Or do Maya and 3dsMax share a dll or something like that?

I can't manage to get batch rendering work on Maya 2018 anymore! Please help me... I'm kind of desperate ^^"""

PC spec: (issue on two differents machines)
- Portable PC, windows 7, GPU Nvdia GTX 860, Intel i7
- PC, windows 10, GPU Nvidia GTX 1080, Intel i7

Thank you for your time.

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
sean.heasley
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi @Anonymous and welcome to the community!

I found a similar issue on this cgTalk thread that may help you!

The steps are:

1. Run:

2. regedit

3. Go to:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE / SYSTEM / ControlSet001 / Control / Session Manager / Memory Management /Disable Paging Executive

4. Double-click 'Disable Paging Executive', set to Decimal and set the value to '1'

5. Reboot

Please let me know if this helps or if you are still having this issue!

If one or more of these posts helped answer your question, please click Accept as Solution on the posts that helped you so others in the community can find them easily.

Kudos are greatly appreciated. Everyone likes a thumbs up!

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: sean.heasley

Hi Sean,

Thank you for your answer and your warm welcome!

I tried what you've suggested but it doesn't work...

Nonetheless, after that, I decided to reinstall all my PC, launching a new install of windows 10 and so... And it works now!

I don't know where was the problem... maybe a buggy plugins or something like that... But now I'm all good! (it was an operation I wanted to do anyway at some point... so I took this opportunity to do it !)

Thanks again, I'll close this thread.

Kind regards,

Flopine.

Message 4 of 6
j_mehlan
in reply to: Anonymous

Exactly the same problem here - but due to a tight deadline a total system re-install from OS-level up is NOT an option. Also, the registry key does not change anything for the better. Any other options??

Message 5 of 6
sean.heasley
in reply to: j_mehlan

Hi @j_mehlan

Have you had a chance to try the other steps I posted above?

Message 6 of 6
sean.heasley
in reply to: sean.heasley

Hi @j_mehlan

Just wanted to check in to see how things were going. Are you still having this issue?

If your issue is resolved, please click Accept as Solution on the posts that helped you so others in the community can find them easily.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report