Community
Maya Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Maya Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Maya topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maya 2018 Panel Layout Interface

8 REPLIES 8
SOLVED
Message 1 of 9
Anonymous
1637 Views, 8 Replies

Maya 2018 Panel Layout Interface

Hi, in my maya 2018 i can see 3 differents layouts, Persp - 4 views - Front+Persp and i want to add more like Uv's or Hypershade, but i cant find where i can do that i try to select another layout and i only have 3 different layouts.

Hi @Anonymous your title 'Panel Layout Interface' was edited for clarity by @sean.heasley

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
mspeer
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi!

Read this:

https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/maya-forum/quick-layout-menu/td-p/7436512

But i also recommend to use Workspaces for layouts:

Please read the Maya Online Help / Documentation for more details.

Message 3 of 9
sean.heasley
in reply to: mspeer

Hi @Anonymous

The thread @mspeer linked is a solid resource and I'd also like to backup what he is saying on custom workspaces. These are a great way to set up Maya exactly how you like it with whatever windows/tools you consistently use!

You can find more information on workspaces and customizing them here!

Please let me know if this helps you out or if you need any more information!

If one or more of these posts helped answer your question, please click Accept as Solution on the posts that helped you so others in the community can find them easily.

Kudos are greatly appreciated. Everyone likes a thumbs up!

Message 4 of 9
sean.heasley
in reply to: sean.heasley

Hi @Anonymous

I'm just checking in to see if you need more help the Panel Layouts. Did the steps that @mspeer and I provided on using custom workspaces help resolve your issue?

If so, please click Accept as Solution on the posts that helped you so others in the community can find them easily.

Message 5 of 9
Anonymous

Sorry but i cant solve my problem with creating a new layout, i want to add Persp/Uv Editor to my quick acces from the left of the program but when i create a new layout, no add anythin there, only i create a new layout but i cant get a quick access.

Message 6 of 9
sean.heasley

Hi @Anonymous

Once you have created the new layout you need to change one of the three on the side. If you right click one of them, you should see the new layout you made appear at the bottom and then you can set it to be that layout.

Please let me know if this information is helpful or if you need any more assistance!

If one or more of these posts helped answer your question, please click Accept as Solution on the posts that helped you so others in the community can find them easily.

Kudos are greatly appreciated. Everyone likes a thumbs up!

Message 7 of 9
Anonymous

Thanks, that it's working, but, i cant have more than 3 layouts on my interface?
Message 8 of 9
sean.heasley

Hi @Anonymous

Unfortunately I don't believe you can. I haven't tweaked the layouts interface much in the past but when I was testing for this I was trying to see if it was possible to add a 4th layout but I don't believe its possible.

I'm gonna double check with one of our dev team members to make sure there wasn't a step we missed and I'll let you know!

Message 9 of 9
mspeer

Hi!

Make use of Workspaces to use different UI Layouts, these also include Panel Layouts.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report