Community
Maya Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Maya Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Maya topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maya 2018 fatal error, attempting to save in error

80 REPLIES 80
SOLVED
Message 1 of 81
Anonymous
77909 Views, 80 Replies

Maya 2018 fatal error, attempting to save in error

Im using Maya 2018 student version and whenever i try to load anything, blank scenes, full scenes and new scenes the program will simply not load and instead display a fatal error message in the output box. i have tried numerous methods to solve this including performing a clean uninstall/reinstall, altering the system environment, adding it to my nvidia control panel and finally attempting to install new drivers. None of them worked and now im at a loss, any help would be appreciated. the attached image is a screencap of the error.

80 REPLIES 80
Message 61 of 81
Anonymous
in reply to: sean.heasley

Hello. I have the same problem. cant save bla bla bla. Read all post, install drivers for my Nvidia1060 388.43. Nothing. Reinstall Maya with deleting all stuff. Nothing. Reset Bios nothing. Another solution like @format drive C and reinstal wind 8@ is insane, to solve trouble with only one Maya. Help me plz. Sistem i7700 nvidea1060(drivers 388.43), win 10 pro. 

Message 62 of 81
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

CER_174788017 if you need it

Message 63 of 81
Anonymous

Hello guys, again, friend help me with this problem. We install C++, and change path. My sistem on Russian so i put some images here. You need go to my computer ---> right click on empty space----> propertis ----->Additional propertis. ---> idk how it be in eng so just look screen 3 ---> if you dont have path @Anonymous@ and @Anonymous@ create it. If already have just change. like screen 5-6.  now its work. and this solve 2018 problem (but 2016 still have the same problem)/Help1.jpgHelp2.jpghelp3.jpghelp4.jpghelp5.jpghelp6.jpg

Message 64 of 81
sean.heasley

Hi @Anonymous

Glad you're all set and thanks a ton for posting your CER report number!

Just to let you know, this error linked with your CER report is a known issue with Mayas Open CL initialization causing crashes on start up.

This has been fixed however and is going to be implemented in the future for Maya!

Message 65 of 81
Anonymous

Having the same issue. Maya 2018.3, Quadro M3000M - driver 391.33. Windows 7 SP1. Environment variable "Maya_Disable_CIP=1." 

Switching between files creates this "fatal error. attempting to save in" blah blah. Any pointers?

Message 66 of 81
Anonymous

Is reinstalling Windows the only way to fix it? And the log on the bottom right of the program says:

"...\filePathEditorRegistryPrefs.mel Line 6: filePathEditor: Attribute 'aiVolume.filename' is invalid or is not designated 'usedAsFilename'"

I've also tried adding into the environment variables:

"MAYA_DISABLE_CER"

"MAYA_DISABLE_CIP"

I've tried disabling OpenCL and ignoring OpenCL driver version and nothing has worked.

I've also reinstalled the program. Could it be because I didn't delete everything whilst doing the uninstall?

Also I should mention that it worked perfectly for my last assignments and now it suddenly wont start.

Intel Core i7 3740QM

16GB RAM

GTX 980M - Driver version 398.82 (updated from 388.13 which was originally working)

Win 10 Home

Thanks for the help.

Message 67 of 81
Anonymous

Thanks for the reply so quick! The problem is that I've already tried uninstalling Maya and then reinstalling it and I'm still getting the issue. Is there a special uninstall procedure that I'm not aware of?

Message 68 of 81
Anonymous

Uninstall and never open again? 😉 Unfortunately my Uni course requires me to use Maya so I really need to get this working... But thanks for the help.

Message 69 of 81
Anonymous

Hi @sean.heasley

Could my graphic card be the source of my troubles? (i haven't found the RTX series in Maya's Certified Hardware List). 

Message 70 of 81
Anonymous

For me none of the previous suggestions worked. The only fix was to uninstall the program and install on another drive (eg D:)

Message 71 of 81
Anonymous

i found a solution!

after two days of research and trying everything! i came across Display Driver Uninstaller

i got the notion that it has something to do with the computer's drivers.

i just deleted everything and maya lunced!

Message 72 of 81
Anonymous

OK I have a likely answer to this.

I tried what Amir Metsuyanim  said above and it worked like a charm. I noticed that before clearing the device drivers there were two sets of drivers: The set from my gfx card (Radeon RX580) and the Radeon HD that comes with the Intel i7 CPU. After reboot, only the RX580 drivers were reinstalled. It seems, therefore, that if the computer if run without the GPU installed, the CPU gfx hardware is employed and drivers installed. Then installing a GPU with associated drivers causes Maya to "headspin" and crash.

Note: The CPU may have been run without the GPU during desk burnin testing before you bought the machine - or if home built, you may have booted it bare intially to set up BIOS/MD/Windows/CPU drivers/etc.

Message 73 of 81
Anonymous

I tried every other alternative to see if I could avoid doing a reset to my PC and to be honest I just couldn't. Maya was working fine before a recent Windows 10 update. After that I had this  exact same problem. A factory resent was the only thing to get me back up and running. 

So if you can't seem to get it working, just give up and try the reset. It works. 

Message 74 of 81
Anonymous

httpsknowledge.autodesk.comessupportmayatroubleshootingcaassfdcarticlessfdcarticlesESPMaya-2017-crashes-at-startup.html

Causas:
Este bloqueo es potencialmente causado por OpenCL.

Solución:
Desactive OpenCL agregando "MAYA_DISABLE_OPENCL = 1" (sin las comillas) en el archivo Maya.env.

Para agregar esta variable de entorno, siga esta guía: Configurando variables de entorno usando Maya.env

Si el problema persiste, use esta guía para determinar la causa raíz de la falla: Solución de problemas generales para Maya

Message 75 of 81
worldacademy

Let's get straight to the point: 

The issue is not the graphics drivers. This has to do with a BIOS setting for the GPU. 

The fix is to enter the BIOS and force the main graphics to be the dedicated GPU. 

I solved the same issue occurring for 3 different machine configs (w/ 1060, 1030 and 750Ti) just by changing this setting. FORGET formats and clean installs. That has nothing to do with it. 

In the BIOS you should find something like: (MSI and ASUS shown)

IMG_20190208_184055.jpg

IMG_20190208_183158.jpg

Just make sure you get the same configuration. Maya should load fine after. It is almost unbelievable how something like this can happen to hundreds of users for at least 2 years (in my case) and not a single correct pinpointed direction from Autodesk as for the problem solution and/or causes. I wonder what is Autodesk doing with the crashlogs... 

This is frustrating, specially when you're doing the IT management for a school, and every computer starts crashing for no reason. Students will question the school's computers and IT department, not Autodesk. 

If anyone is having the same issue, just disconnect the cables from the graphics card and connect your monitor directly to the motherboard graphics output. If Maya starts, then this solution is for you. 

Message 76 of 81
miss.ursulacalmet

Hi, I just installed Maya 2018, but it doesn't run. This windows appears and don't know what to do. I already have 3D max and it works fine.maya.jpg

I have the Radeon RX 560 Series.

I hope it can be fix because I really want to learn Maya.

Message 77 of 81
Anonymous
in reply to: worldacademy

Hi there 

could you post another images of windows 10 bios settings I cannot get to this point as I don't see the option there.

Message 78 of 81
Anonymous

I'm experiencing the same issue, but the above driver doesn't seem to be compatible with my graphics card, which is a NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060. Are you aware of any alternative solutions to this problem--aside from those listed in this thread?

Message 79 of 81
Anonymous

Fatal Error. Attempting to save in C:/Users/Admin/AppData/Local/Temp/Admin.20200122.0011.ma in solution

Message 80 of 81
Anonymous

Im having the exact problem with my 2018 student version of maya. My gpu is amd radeon r5 m330

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report