Community
Maya Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Maya Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Maya topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maya 2018 crashing like crazy

10 REPLIES 10
Message 1 of 11
ClintPositive
1411 Views, 10 Replies

Maya 2018 crashing like crazy

I've had some crashing issues in the past with Maya, but this is unreal. Like within 2 minutes it locks up over and over. Is there a patch or anything out? Or should I try to reinstall?

10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11
Anonymous
in reply to: ClintPositive

Anything before update 8 or 9 is considered beta.

Message 3 of 11
hsource
in reply to: ClintPositive

What are your system specs?

Message 4 of 11
sean.heasley
in reply to: hsource

Hi @ClintPositive and welcome to the community!

We need a bit more information to see how we can help you.

• Like @hsource what are you system specs?

Steps to find your pc specs can be found here!

• Also what version of Maya are you using?

• Are you drivers up to date?

Steps to update your drivers can be found here!

• Is Maya crashing on an empty scene or with specific scenes you are trying to load?

When you get a chance please come back and provide us with as much information as possible!

Message 5 of 11
ClintPositive
in reply to: hsource

I have one of the Cintiq Companion 2's and the I just downloaded the student trial version of Autodesk Maya 2018

Message 6 of 11

Hi @ClintPositive

Thanks for coming back with your system specs.

Maya should be able to run fine on your Cintiq so I just want to get a bit more information.

Are there any reproduce able steps that are causing your crash?

Does it crash on an empty scene of Maya or a scene you've been working on?

Please come back with as much information as possible when you get the chance!

Message 7 of 11
sean.heasley
in reply to: sean.heasley

Hi @ClintPositive

Just checking in again to see if you're still having this issue. When you get a chance, please come back with more information so I can help you further!

If so, please click Accept as Solution on the posts that helped you so others in the community can find them easily.

Message 8 of 11

Hi Sorry Sean!

Ya, it seems to happen when I'm working in scenes for animation. It just locks up and you can't do anything. I'd say over the last 2 weeks, with 3 different scenes I'm working on, it's locked up/crashed around 25 times maybe. I guess I'll just have to get used to it. I guess what I'm hoping for is an update or patch release or if it's been released. My Autodesk Desktop App doesn't seem to offer anything, so I guess I could try reinstalling everything...

Message 9 of 11

Hi @ClintPositive

When you get a chance, can you please zip and attach the scene file here or via dropbox/google drive or another file sharing program so I can take a look at it?

Let me know if anything changes!

Message 10 of 11
sean.heasley

Hi @ClintPositive

Just wanted to check in to see if you needed any more help with these crashes. When you get a chance, can you please zip and attach the scene file here so I can take a look at it?

If your issue is resolved, please click Accept as Solution on the posts that helped you so others in the community can find them easily.

Message 11 of 11
Anonymous

I think I'm having a similar issue, Maya keeps crashing about every 20 mins or so. I can't get anything done.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report