Community
Maya Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Maya Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Maya topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue where other meshes disappear when changing pivot or selecting other objects. (Video example) Maya 2023.3

11 REPLIES 11
SOLVED
Message 1 of 12
TourItMedia
351 Views, 11 Replies

Issue where other meshes disappear when changing pivot or selecting other objects. (Video example) Maya 2023.3

My team recently started having issues where other meshes disappear when changing pivot or selecting other objects. This did not happen in 2019 where we recently switch to 2023 (Video example). We have done various troubleshooting methods (delete prefs, drivers changes, different pcs). This is slowing our production down immensely and would like to figure this out asap. Thanks ahead of time for any possible solutions.

Tags (4)
11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12
teddude75
in reply to: TourItMedia

can you explain more? I don't see anything disappearing. Are you trying to select multiple objects? Try deleting your history on all your objects. here's a script to toggle selection

int $pickChoo = `selectPref -q -singleBoxSelection`;

if ($pickChoo == 0)

selectPref -singleBoxSelection true;

if ($pickChoo == 1)

selectPref -singleBoxSelection false;

Message 3 of 12
TourItMedia
in reply to: teddude75

You can see the image plane go away around the 32 second mark, right when I hit the pivot key. Sorry for not saying the time stamp, I just wanted to show the full scope of how I got the bug to trigger.
Message 4 of 12
teddude75

You can set your pivot two ways. With the "d" key or insert. They both have that problem?

Message 5 of 12
TourItMedia

Yes, both methods cause this issue.

Message 6 of 12
teddude75

you can put the image plane on layer and make it a reference so it can't be selected.

Message 7 of 12
TourItMedia

I've tried this and they will still randomly go away. The only way I can get these disappearing meshes back, is when I do select all.

Message 8 of 12
teddude75

I don't see the image plane in your outliner. Try to unparent it from the group. It maybe be under an object. 

Message 9 of 12
damaggio

Try with Direx11 viewport and check your GPU driver, you can also use poly planes for now until a solution happens.

Message 10 of 12
teddude75

an image plane isn't a mesh. did you import an image plane?

Message 11 of 12
TourItMedia

The image is on a plane that matches the size of the texture/file. Not using the camera image plane system.

Message 12 of 12
TourItMedia

So I was able to fix the bug from happening, although I dislike the workaround. If I freeze transforms and delete history fully of each object, the problem stops. This is a tad annoying as I at times need to have the transform information while I'm working. This problem doesn't seem to happen in 2019, only 2023.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report