Community
Maya Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Maya Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Maya topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Image Sequences are not working in Maya 2018

29 REPLIES 29
SOLVED
Message 1 of 30
sara.perez2284
41926 Views, 29 Replies

Image Sequences are not working in Maya 2018

I tried to import a video .mp4 to maya and I couldn´t soy I tried to import as a .mov and I couldn´t. In both cases appears the error ``is not a supported movie file type and/or codec on this platform´´ so I tried to import the video as a image sequence and I could only saw the first frame and not the video.

Please help.

29 REPLIES 29
Message 21 of 30
Anonymous
in reply to: sean.heasley

Hi Sean,

I'm having the same issue in Maya 2020. Could you provide the link which was referenced in the thread? I tried renaming my sequence to WF.XXXX.png and also tried WF.XXXX.tga. I did notice on Sara's example screenshots (also in my file) as soon as selected "Use Image Sequence" the file I had selected had changed from WF.0036.png to WF.<f>.png. If I de-selected the Use Image Sequence button the name would go back to normal.

I'm not sure if I'll get a response via the thread. If you can, please also respond to marco.t.librero@nasa.gov

Thanks,

Marco

Message 22 of 30
Anonymous
in reply to: sean.heasley

Hi Sean,

I did more research and found that the <f> statement is suppose to be there. Oh well. My Image Sequencing problem is still not resolved.

Marco

Message 23 of 30
krvaughan
in reply to: Anonymous

Also using Maya 2020, also having this same issue. It worked once. File type was name.##.jpg and png. As soon as I select image sequence the file is "missing". Is there a specific frame padding it needs or file type that works best? Could a node be the cause?

Message 24 of 30

Maya is so pathetic, its a pay software in version 2020 and this is antique

Message 25 of 30
Anonymous
in reply to: sara.perez2284

Thanks a lot you guys! I met the same problem and I solve it with your discussions.

Message 26 of 30
Anonymous

holy smokes this saved the day. i dont understand why but here we are with a working image sequence as a texture.

Message 27 of 30
jimboPJ95C

I have my sequence named that way:  name.0001.exr, but it is not updating.

Message 28 of 30
Anonymous

I had the exact same issue. I pressed "s" on the timeline so it sets a key then the image sequence plays. You can try that and see if it works!

Message 29 of 30
itzcool500

This was a life saver. Thank you so much. 

Message 30 of 30
itzcool500

This was a life saver. Thank you so much.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report