Community
Maya Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Maya Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Maya topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I found some bugs in maya2023

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
1308 Views, 6 Replies

I found some bugs in maya2023

I found a problem in Maya2023 if and it seems that many people are experiencing the same problem. First I found that its vertex snapping feature often fails, and you can't properly capture where you want to choose. Second, I found that it was not compatible with the lower version normally, which meant that this version was already independent, and if the rest of the company used the lower version, then this new version would not be available for production work. This is reflected in the fact that when I saved the MA format, the low version opened with a mistake。I hope you guys can fix this soon, after all the features in this version are tempting

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

Also Im finding I cant create references with assets that worked fine in 2022. Referencing seems super buggy compared to 2022. 

Message 3 of 7
nelsoncruz
in reply to: 206079409

Hi,  In regards tot he vertex snapping issue.  We are indeed aware of the issue and working to correct this for a future update.

Cheers!
Nelson

Nelson Cruz
Manager, Software QA Engineering
Installation & Licensing forums | Contact product support | Autodesk AREA

Message 4 of 7
nelsoncruz

I just wanted to to get some confirmation around the second issue listed.  Are you saying a file created in Maya 2023 cannot be loaded in something like Maya 2022?  There are many factors at play when this workflow is being used and while we do our best to make it work things like features, plugins etc may cause it to fail.  Can you highlight the specific error that is being printed out to your script editor?

Nelson Cruz

Message 5 of 7

Assets that reference fine into 2022, crash 2023. I only have Vray 5 loaded as a plugin. 

Maya Crash Report
//=====================================================

Exception code: C0000005: ACCESS_VIOLATION - illegal read at address 0xFFFFFFFF
Fault address: 89048BF5 in C:\Program Files\Autodesk\Maya2023\bin\DependEngine.dll
0001:00057BF5 Logical offset (see .map file for location)

Message 6 of 7
in reply to: nelsoncruz

The first problem I found was that when I tried to save the file, it reported an error,   "# 错误: UnicodeDecodeError: file C:\Users/MrS/Documents/maya/scripts\vaccine.py line 69: 'gbk' codec can't decode byte 0x9b in position 86: illegal multibyte sequence”.
The second problem is,When I open a Maya ASCII  fille by maya 2020 that I saved with maya2023, it has some problems.

Message 7 of 7
nelsoncruz

In regards to ""# 错误: UnicodeDecodeError: file C:\Users/MrS/Documents/maya/scripts\vaccine.py " error.  This is a output caused by a known scriptNode that is spreading across user files.  It was created by someone as a tool to clean up a malicious scriptNode found a couple of years go.  In turn the tool to clean has spread around.  Its not causing any harm but will spit out this error.  More info about the error can be found here.

The OCIO errors are caused by the colour managment changes we made in 2022 those are not recognized in previous versions.

Nelson Cruz

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report