Community
Maya Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Maya Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Maya topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to Get Custom Plug-in working?

23 REPLIES 23
SOLVED
Message 1 of 24
sweetpea09234
2539 Views, 23 Replies

How to Get Custom Plug-in working?

So I found this plug-in that would allow me to import PMX files and Followed its instructions, to what I thought was correct, since I've done this before.

This is the Github link:

Could it be these Files are more strictly meant for older versions of Maya or are I doing something incorrectly?

The last one is from maya 2017

If I go to like 2016 could that help?

23 REPLIES 23
Message 21 of 24
Anonymous
in reply to: sean.heasley

OMG thank you so much!!!

You saved my life!!!

I have a problem..

The problem is I don't know where is mouth or eyes controllers. My models have controllers on mmd for blink or opening mouth but I can't find it on Maya

Message 22 of 24
sweetpea09234
in reply to: Anonymous

Unfortunately, with MMD to maya transfer, the controllers/rig won't come over with it. 

Which is where you will need a technical artist/rigger to re-rig the entire model.

Riggers are unfortunately extremely rare, especially when it comes to rigging to maya to be animated.

Message 23 of 24
Anonymous
in reply to: michaelkdaw

@michaelkdaw 

ya think it will work in Maya 2020?

Message 24 of 24
michaelkdaw
in reply to: Anonymous

I'm not sure, but I don't know of any reason why it wouldn't. I think it's just a python script. Python plugins/scripts aren't like c++ plugins. You don't necessarily need to change them from version to version of Maya. It's certainly worth a try.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report