Community
Maya Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Maya Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Maya topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hotkeys sticking bug

26 REPLIES 26
Message 1 of 27
christinahall3d
4130 Views, 26 Replies

Hotkeys sticking bug

Has anyone found a solution for the bug where after holding down a hotkey it either gets stuck or it turns into a toggle. I have this problem on all of the snapping modes (x,c,v), moving pivots (d), and discrete mode ( j ). Sometimes the key stops working halfway through the action.

IE: I'm trying to snap a pivot (d >v) and it shuts off and goes into translate mode. Then when I release it will get stuck in pivot mode and I have to manually turn off both snapping and pivot mode. This has happened on multiple computers in both 2015 and 2016.

26 REPLIES 26
Message 2 of 27
Anonymous
in reply to: christinahall3d

This is driving me INSANE!!!! (2nd day Maya 2016....moving up from Maya 2013 where these features work FINE!)

Holding down "d" and then "v" so I can snap a pivot point to a vert on my mesh....sometimes it makes it....sometimes not, sometimes the icon in the top tray gets stuck to "SNAP" after the operation and I have to manually go up and turn it off. (Mac user).

THIS MAKES ME A DULL BOY.

Please fix this!!!! AAAAAGHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!

Message 3 of 27
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

This is the 4th day....and it's still constant!!!!!!! Hello, anybody can confirm or offer solution?

Message 4 of 27
Anonymous

STILL CAN'T BELIEVE THIS ISN'T FIXED!!!!!!

Message 5 of 27
Anonymous

MAYA FIX YOUR BROKEN TOOLS!!!!!!! 

So one of my favorite movies of all time is Shawshank Redemption. I Love the main character's determination and willingness to keep pressure and time devoted to a problem till he received the result he was after. I'm going to apply the logic and learnings from that film here. Andy wrote a letter a week to request funds from the state for his prison library project. So I guess I'll just bump this every week till I get something. I figure the best thing to do is to just bump this thread and post a picture of a cat, (cause well you know internet taxes). It only took Andy 6 years to get the state to respond to him. So Autodesk....consider this day 244 since I first brought it to your attention.

Took Andy 6 years...I hope it doesn't take me that long, but we'll see. Pressure and time......pressure......and time......

Oh ya almost forgot to pay my taxes! 

Prisoner2

Till next week KIDS!

Message 6 of 27
Anonymous

It's been two weeks already. Man how the time does roll by. I do believe those first few years were the hardest....and if enough time goes by....this issue will have taken the best of me. Oh lord have mercy.

shawshank-redemption-15

Oh, almost forgot to pay my taxes.

funny_cats_lol_cats_sup_bro

Message 7 of 27
Anonymous

Another week(s)....and still no fix. 

cat tax.

funny-animal-pictures-with-captions-009-003

Message 8 of 27
Anonymous

Still no fix. Hold me.

Cat tax.
sad-cat-picture-1024x640

I wonder if the Autodesk engineers have all decided to quit and no one told us.........

Message 9 of 27
Anonymous

Another week rolls on by....still not a peep from Autodesk, a mod, nobody.

6e7e72fe70788f81d6cb868d6c40477c

Message 10 of 27
Anonymous

If only I could just go into the Maya code and fix this annoying bug. I'm sure I wouldn't break too much stuff.

funny-cat-photos

Message 11 of 27
Anonymous

I wonder if we'll make it a full year? Any betting peeps? 

360a6c831b05e614a7d297b28264d8c0--grumpy-cat-meme-grumpy-kitty

Really guys? Really can't fix this for your customers? Useful tip, if you can have your brain remember hold the "D" key and then the appropriate "x" or "v" keys it won't get stuck...milage may vary.

Message 12 of 27
Anonymous

I wonder if the internet will run out of cat memes before Autodesk has a fix for this stupid stupid bug. Well I guess we'll never know......or will we? Help me Autodesk.....your my only hope.

Star-Wars-Lolcat-10414282G5

Message 13 of 27
Michael_Todd

Sorry about the lack of response on this, but I just found out about this thread...

Anyway, that being said, I have run into the issue you mention in 2015 and 2016, but it was on another machine and I can't replicate the issue anymore after updating my machine, so it may be a video card/driver issue.

DVSnap2015.gif

Have you tried updating the drivers? Did it persist after doing so if you have already?

Cheers

Michael

Michael Todd

XGen Product Owner and Designer

Message 14 of 27
Anonymous
in reply to: Michael_Todd

A response! An actual Response! OMG!!! THANK YOU!!!!! WOW, I kinda feel like I'm about to mess this up due to my excitement......kinda like the kid from A Christmas Story and just nod my head in agreement.....football....mmm...yes.....football, what's a football?

giphy

Anyway. I'm mainly experiencing this issue on a Mac, here are my spec's

mac_specs.png

It is my understanding that "On Mac OS X the graphics driver is part of the operating system. You can only upgrade by upgrading to a newer version of the operating system."

So in essence, I might be able to download "Sierra" OS and possibly see a fix? I'll speak with our IT dept and make sure we can update my OS, not sure if all our tools are supported on that version yet. I'll report back with my findings/outcome. I had no idea a videocard driver could potentially cause a hotkey/menu item to turn on/off. My button physically depresses/activates and I manually have to turn it off. 

stuck.png

I'll be back! (terminator voice).

Message 15 of 27
Michael_Todd

I'm on windows so I can't check in OSX as I don't have a mac. Have you tried using a different VP renderer to see if you still get the issue? (Not that you can try DX11 but there are still other options on a mac:

VPrenderer.png 

Cheers

Michael

Michael Todd

Message 16 of 27
Anonymous

I only have two options. Swapping it broke our CGFX shaders and some of our tools (vert lighting).

broke.png

Sadly switching rendering engines isn't a solution for me. As far as a full update to Sierra OS systems goes I won't be able to update for at least a week as our lead engineer has cautions about updating since his test update seemed to break some of our pipeline. When that happens I'll give you an update.

Thanks again for the reply! In the future how is best to contact Autodesk with issues/bugs? 

Message 17 of 27
Michael_Todd

it's company policy to only respond after funny cat photos have been posted for months, so you are on the right track...

;--)

Cheers

Michael Todd

Message 18 of 27
Anonymous

I did not know that was Autodesk policy.....

I really do appreciate the help. I'm hoping to update my OS in 2-3 weeks. Just gotta send cat images to my lead engineers now. Cats....is there anything they can't do?

Message 19 of 27
Anonymous

So after a long hiatus and finally getting approval from my producer and tech artist. I updated my OS to Sierra! Gave it a few days and.......

maxresdefault

Issue is still present. My grid still randomly becomes active when using the "d" and "v" keys.....and sadly the hypershade still comes up blank from time to time.  

giphy

"Before you give up.....think of the reason you held on so long".

Message 20 of 27
sean.heasley

Hi @Anonymous

Unfortunately I have to be the bearer of bad news and say that Maya 2016 does not officially work with Sierra.

However I made this quick video showing that I believe the tool is working as intended. However its possible I misunderstood your issue so let me know if I missed something!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report