Community
Maya Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Maya Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Maya topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rotate the object at 1/10th and 1/100th of the speed, allowing much finer control.

0 REPLIES 0
Message 1 of 1
amaterasu-qbb
250 Views, 0 Replies

Rotate the object at 1/10th and 1/100th of the speed, allowing much finer control.

Hello. I tried the following method but it didn't work.
https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/maya-forum/how-to-make-the-rotate-move-and-scale-tools-more-smooth/td...

Quote: 
After selecting a manipulator handle you can middle-click and drag anywhere in the 3D view to rotate the object using indirect manipulation which will give you a larger drag area.

Alternatively you can bypass the rotation manip and use the channel box for more control:
1) click the small manipulator icon twice to disable the rotate manipulator
2) set the slider speed icon to the smallest value
3) select the rotate channel you want to manipulate

Then middle-click and drag in the view to rotate that channel.
Ctrl + middle-click-drag will give more precision or
Shift + Ctrl + middle-click drag for the highest level of precision.

Quote ends

This runs Step snap in the Tool Settings options with default settings.
I put in values of 0.1 (1/10) and 0.01 (1/100) in both Absolute and Relative modes, but when I move the manipulator, it obviously moves more than that.
Changing the size of the manipulator didn't help, and I tried using both a tablet and a mouse to no avail.

I'd like to use it when the character's movement is small in a serious scene.

Blender can. more complicated.
https://docs.blender.org/manual/en/latest/scene_layout/object/editing/transform/control/precision.ht...
Quote: 
Holding Ctrl during a transform operation (such as move, rotate or scale) will toggle Transform Snapping. When using Increment Snap this allows the transformation to be performed in discrete amounts.

Holding Shift during a transform operation will transform the object at 1/10th the speed, allowing much finer control.

The magnitude of the transformation can be viewed in the 3D Viewport header. Releasing Ctrl or Shift during the transformation will cause the movement to revert back to its normal mode of operation.

Capture03.PNG

Thank you. 

Tags (2)
Labels (2)
0 REPLIES 0

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report