Community
Maya Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Maya Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Maya topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Geometry Distorting in DirectX

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
blastframe
557 Views, 2 Replies

Geometry Distorting in DirectX

Hello,

I am trying to create a parallel-friendly rig in Maya 2018.4. I have a Windows machine with 4 NVIDIA GPUs (Titan Black) which are running their latest drivers. Maya runs much smoother when I have the rendering engine set to DirectX 11 and use Viewport 2.0.

The Issue

I have been experiencing a weird bug that I think has to do with skin clusters. Randomly, skinned objects will turn black and/or distort out of the viewport's bounds. I have not had this issue when using OpenGL, but there is a significant lag every time I pan my viewport. I've attached a scene file where this has happened and a screenshot.

Any tips for avoiding this from happening would be fantastic. It has greatly complicated my work with Maya 2018.

Geometry DistortionGeometry Distortion

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
sean.heasley
in reply to: blastframe

Hi @blastframe

You'll want to make sure the GPU drivers are the same as our certified hardware list, not necessarily the most recent drivers.

You can find our certified hardware list here!

Our officially supported version for your Titan Black GPU is version 398.82. You'll want to uninstall your current GPU drivers and install version 398.82 which can be found here!

Please let me know if anything changes!

If one or more of these posts helped answer your question, please click Accept as Solution on the posts that helped you so others in the community can find them easily.

Kudos are greatly appreciated. Everyone likes a thumbs up!

Message 3 of 3
blastframe
in reply to: sean.heasley

Thank you very much for the reply, Sean. I'll give this a go!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report