Community
Maya Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Maya Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Maya topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

a questions about maya namespace

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
350 Views, 4 Replies

a questions about maya namespace

I have some questions about maya namespace.

When i open a maya file,it may cost me about 1 minute,but when i try to import it or refrence this file ,it may cost me more than 10 minute. 

By the way, when i import or refrence this file without using namespace.It is faster than using namespace.but still slow than open this file.

In case the wrong animation result, is there have some way to use namespace  but not  wait  so long to import  or refrence the file?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
sean.heasley
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi @Anonymous and welcome to the community!

How large is the file you are trying to reference?

Depending on the size there's only so much you can do to increase the speed and I don't believe there is a way to make this load faster while using namespaces.

Also, what version of Maya are you working with and is it up to date? Update 4 is our most recent update for 2018 so if you aren't on that please install it and let me know if anything changes!

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: sean.heasley

Thanks for your reply,the version of maya is 2014,and the size of the import file is 10M. 

I don't think this problem happened due to the version of maya.

because i import other file which size is 10M too,it may just need no more 1min.

and those file is also use namespace too!

so,i think take me a lot time file maybe include lots of useless nodes.(i have tried to optimize this sence use the default optimize set,it was better than not,but just alittle work)

does there are other way to clear the useless nodes?

or i was optimizing sence in a wrong way?

Message 4 of 5
sean.heasley
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi @Anonymous

Optimizing the scene and removing nodes etc can help a lot as you want the scene to be as clean and simple as possible.

However Maya 2014 is a bit old and we don't officially support it anymore so I can't test that version specifically. That said upgrading your Maya to a more recent release may help you see a performance boost with this type of issue!

Message 5 of 5
sean.heasley
in reply to: sean.heasley

Hi @Anonymous

Just wanted to check in to see how things were going. Are you still having this issue?

If your issue is resolved, please click Accept as Solution on the posts that helped you so others in the community can find them easily.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report