コミュニティ
Maya Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Maya Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Maya topics.
キャンセル
次の結果を表示 
表示  限定  | 次の代わりに検索 
もしかして: 

Face topology question

3件の返信3
返信
メッセージ1/4
Anonymous
2821 件の閲覧回数, 3 件の返信

Face topology question

I can do face topology but...

why does it seem like ZBrush models seem to be more accurate of the persons face?

when I  model or look on google to look at wireframes I wouldn't know if that was the person or not until I put the texture over the 3d model.  here is 2 images I found on google of what I mean.

one is clint Eastwood

the other is good topology but i wouldn't know who that person was by looking at it. 

am I just not good yet or would you need a really good blueprint that shows the person's contours to make out the face just by a wireframe? 

3件の返信3
メッセージ2/4
sean.heasley
次のアカウントへの返信: Anonymous

Hi @Anonymous great question! So the topology is actually great in both of these not just one! The Clint Eastwood one is just higher poly and has more detail. As for why you can recognize Clint and not the character on the right its because the character on the right is just a general basic human head with no detail. The Clint Eastwood face was probably modeled in Zbrush but then had a retopology pass done and was brought into Maya so you can actually model any face in Maya and have it look as accurate as Zbrush. However Zbrush has much more control and diverse options for sculpting organic meshes.

To clarify you could use the head on the right as a base to start from but you would need to add detail, facial features etc to make it look like a character or your own concept. I hope this helps 🙂

メッセージ3/4
Anonymous
次のアカウントへの返信: sean.heasley

Thank you for your time. One last question about this. if I wasn't a good sculpture yet, couldn't I make a bump map/alpha image from a reference image of that person's face and use that over the base mesh?  I'm trying to learn how to make detail models to make a model a certain person.

メッセージ4/4
Christoph_Schaedl
次のアカウントへの返信: Anonymous

nope... the bumpmap will only work for ultra fine detail... not the shape itself... you need to learn how to sculpt faces...

and that will take a long time and much practice... i have sculpted hundreds of heads the last 15 years...
----------------------------------------------------------------
https://linktr.ee/cg_oglu

お探しの情報が見つからないときは、コミュニティで質問しましょう。困っている人がいたら、情報を教えてあげましょう。

フォーラムに投稿  

Technology Administrators