Community
Maya Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Maya Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Maya topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Display Layer Error with Undo

1 REPLY 1
SOLVED
Message 1 of 2
Anonymous
365 Views, 1 Reply

Display Layer Error with Undo

I am having some issues with display layers not functioning correctly with undo.

I have 3 spheres on 3 different display layers. I turn off one of these display layers and the sphere disappears. When I hit undo the sphere comes back on, but the display layer still says it is turned off.  Looks like the display layers are not refreshing correctly when undo is used.

This happens in Maya 2018, 2017, and 2016.  Looks like the earliest version I can find where it is still functions properly is Maya 2015.

Is this a known error?  Is there a work around other then this mel script "updateLayerEditor();" after using undo?

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
sean.heasley
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi @Anonymous and welcome to the community!

This is pretty interesting because I think I've noticed this in my workflow before and just disregarded it because it was such a minor thing.

I went ahead and logged this with our dev team so we can find out if this is a known issue and/or a design change that happened with layer editors.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report