Community
Maya Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Maya Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Maya topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bonus Tools 2018 measure plugin error

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
joostkonemann
1467 Views, 6 Replies

Bonus Tools 2018 measure plugin error

When I enable the measure plugin of Bonus Tools in the plugin manager, I get the following error:

// Error: line 1: Cannot find procedure "measureCreateUI". //

Running Maya 2018.1 on macOS 10.13

--
MacBook Pro 13,3 - 2.7GHz - 16GB - Radeon Pro 460 - macOS Catalina 10.15
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

Hi @joostkonemann

I'm able to reproduce the issue on Windows as well and while I reported this to our dev team, I found a workaround!

If you navigate to C:\ProgramData\Autodesk\ApplicationPlugins\MayaBonusTools-2015-2018\Contents\scripts-2017 you can copy the 'measureCreateUI' script and paste it in the scripts-2018 folder and the error message should go away!

Please let me know if this helps resolve your issue or if you need any more assistance!

If one or more of these posts helped answer your question, please click Accept as Solution on the posts that helped you so others in the community can find them easily.

Kudos are greatly appreciated. Everyone likes a thumbs up!

Message 3 of 7
bg_tech
in reply to: sean.heasley

This solution didn't work for me on CentOS 7 😞

// Error: line 1: Cannot find procedure "measureCreateUI". // 
// Error: line 1: Cannot find procedure "stringFormatCreateUI". // 
// Error: line 1: Cannot find procedure "sunCreateUI". // 
Message 4 of 7
sean.heasley
in reply to: bg_tech

Hi @bg_tech

Are you on 7.2 for CentOS? That is our officially supported version for Maya 2018.

Also, did you try copying all three procedures to the proper folder like I suggested above and it still did nothing?

Let me know if anything changes!

Message 5 of 7
bg_tech

Greetings. Eventually I got it working on the machine I'm testing with.
My next question is what kind of changes are needed in order to implement the bonus tool into networked installation of Maya so they can be used by all our artists?

Message 6 of 7
sean.heasley
in reply to: bg_tech

Hi @bg_tech

I'm not 100% sure how you'd go about that since Bonus Tools isn't included by default with Maya.

It's considered an extra plug-in so I believe you would have to have every artist install it themselves on their systems.

There's specific steps for installing Bonus Tools on Linux that can be found here!

Message 7 of 7
sean.heasley

Hi @bg_tech

Just wanted to check in to see how things were going. Are you still having this issue?

If your issue is resolved, please click Accept as Solution on the posts that helped you so others in the community can find them easily.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report