Community
Maya Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Maya Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Maya topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Beginner Question

10 REPLIES 10
Message 1 of 11
Anonymous
666 Views, 10 Replies

Beginner Question

My control is showing up as huge when I try to use it. Also, I created a ball with fur, and it pulled all the fur off the ball when I moved it. What have I done?!

10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11
sean.heasley
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi @Anonymous and welcome to the community!

To change the size of the manipulator, simply press the '+' or '-' key.

As for the fur, I didn't see any fur in your screenshot. When you get a chance can you add more screenshots or explain in detail what's going on in your scene?

Let me know if anything changes!

If one or more of these posts helped answer your question, please click Accept as Solution on the posts that helped you so others in the community can find them easily.

Kudos are greatly appreciated. Everyone likes a thumbs up!

Message 3 of 11
Anonymous
in reply to: sean.heasley

Hi there,

Thank you so much for your help. I have attached a screenshot to show the
fur which has come off my tennis ball. Advice greatly appreciated!

Dee
Message 4 of 11
sean.heasley

Hi @Anonymous

There's no screenshot in your previous post.

You may have responded by email which doesn't always let attachments go through. When you get a chance, please come back here to the forums and manually attach the image so I can take a look at it!

Message 5 of 11
sean.heasley

Hi @Anonymous

Just wanted to check in to see how things were going. Are you still having this issue?

If your issue is resolved, please click Accept as Solution on the posts that helped you so others in the community can find them easily.

Message 6 of 11
Anonymous

Sorry for the delay getting back to you - is this attachment visable now?

Message 7 of 11
sean.heasley

Hi @Anonymous

Yup I can see it now!

Are you working with xGen or did you make the fur by using nHair?

I just did a quick test with nHair and it worked as expected however if you're working with xGen the workflow is different and we can go from there.

Message 8 of 11
sean.heasley

Hi @Anonymous

Just wanted to check in to see how things were going. Are you still having this issue?

If your issue is resolved, please click Accept as Solution on the posts that helped you so others in the community can find them easily.

Message 9 of 11
Anonymous

Hi Sean,

Yes, that is correct, I am working with xGen. However, if you think I should start again with nHair, I can do that,

Kind regards,

Dee

Message 10 of 11
sean.heasley

Hi @Anonymous

xGen is fine! Just wanted to clarify which tool you were using.

I just created a simple sphere with an xGen description and was able to animate it with no issues.

Can you please explain what kind of xGen description you are using?

Also if you open a new scene and make a basic cube or sphere, attach fur to it and animate it just moving on one axis does the same issue occur?

Message 11 of 11
sean.heasley

Hi @Anonymous

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report