Community
Maya Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Maya Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Maya topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best CPU

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
jean.horlaville
1285 Views, 3 Replies

Best CPU

hey im currenty building a PC and im wondering what are the current best CPUs for 3d animation/rendering? I have a budget of about 1500$ CA

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Get an AMD Ryzen they are perfect. 

----------------------------------------------------------------
https://linktr.ee/cg_oglu
Message 3 of 4

Well actually i hesitate between the ryzen 5950x and the intel 10900k. I see a lot of people saying the 5950x is overall the best (for gaming) but on the other hand, from what i understand, clockspeed is more important than the number of cores when it comes to 3d programs (except for rendering), and the i9 10900k has a higher clockspeed than the 5950x (3.7 GHz vs 3.4 for the 5950). But then again the 5950 have 6 more cores, the i9 is known to have some heat issues and pretty much everywhere they say the 5950x is better (for gaming).  So idk. 

Message 4 of 4

Update : i didnt see, but the 5900x, which i didnt consider because i thought it was worse than 5950, actually has a base clockspeed of 3,7 GHx (same as 10900k) for 2 more cores than the intel (12 vs 10). So even if it has a lower overclocked speed than the 10900k (4.8 vs 5.3), i see it as a good compromise between the 5950x and 10900k, while being an AMD, which seems to be more reliable for the time being. Case closed for me.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report