Community
Maya Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Maya Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Maya topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

8 GB or 16 GB RAM?

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
5291 Views, 2 Replies

8 GB or 16 GB RAM?

Hello, I am about to buy a new laptop on which I can learn and use Maya. There is a big difference in price between 8 GB RAM and 16 GB RAM so I would like to be sure, do I really need 16 GB RAM to use MAYA successfully?

Tags (3)
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
sean.heasley
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi @Anonymous and welcome to the community!

Our recommended system requirements say 8 GB of RAM (16 GB or more recommended)

Ram will really help with running multiple programs say Maya and Unreal Engine or Photoshop, Marmoset etc but it will also help with performing heavy renders like with Vray.

You will be able to do all of this well enough with 8GB of RAM so you don't need 16GB but if you can afford it I'd recommend using 16 especially if you plan on having multiple programs open while working in Maya Smiley Happy!

Please let me know if this helps or if you need any more assistance!

If one or more of these posts helped answer your question, please click Accept as Solution on the posts that helped you so others in the community can find them easily.

Kudos are greatly appreciated. Everyone likes a thumbs up!

Message 3 of 3
mspeer
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi!

To learn Maya 8Gb is enough, but to use it (in terms of working) to do any project 16 GB is highly recommended.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report