Community
Maya Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Maya Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Maya topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3D-Grooming tutorials from CharlyTutors

66 REPLIES 66
SOLVED
Message 1 of 67
akcharly
3144 Views, 66 Replies

3D-Grooming tutorials from CharlyTutors

Hello everyone!

My name is Andrew and I have been working in 3D since 2009.

My portfolio

Now I am focused only on grooming. That is, I make hair/fur for cinematic characters, movies, NFTs, cartoons and commercials. I work with Ornatrix + 3ds Max/Maya/C4D/Unreal Engine.

I can do both for rendering - Vray/Arnold/Redshift/Octane, and for Unreal (new workflow) - GroomPlugin/Alembic Hair.

As of today, I started to translate my channel with answers to cg grooming questions - into English. Yes, it's not that fast - but I'm trying. Because not everyone likes to read subtitles and would like to listen to the lessons in their own language. I do the voiceover with AI - because it's not realistic to do all the voiceover myself.

If you can't wait to see all my lessons, there is the main Youtube-channel and there is support for English subtitles.

Obviously, I could not add them to the rest of the video... I'm working on it. But all the old ones are already supported. There is a lot of videos - not only CG Grooming. Still working with this channel - since 2016.

At the moment I'm translating the channel with answers to the questions

Then I'll finish the translation of the main channel.

Basically, for the last time, the topic of all the lessons is CG-Grooming in Maya-3ds Max - Unreal Engine.

The next post will be the first lesson with AI voiceover.

Because of the war - I don't always get to do it - but I try. So any support from you would be appreciated.

So. Happy viewing!
And good mood to you.
Regards,
Andrew.

EESignature

Відповідь корисна? Клікніть на "ВПОДОБАЙКУ" повідомленню! | Do you find the posts helpful? "LIKE" these posts!

На ваше запитання відповіли? Натисніть кнопку 'ПРИЙНЯТИ РІШЕННЯ' | Have your question been answered successfully? Click 'ACCEPT SOLUTION' button.

Андрiй Кривуля | Andrew Krivulya | 3D Grooming Artist - Facebook | Instagram | Twitter | LinkedIN | Youtube | Artstation

66 REPLIES 66
Message 41 of 67
akcharly
in reply to: akcharly

In this video, I show you how to render 100% hair in Redshift IPR and Maya when you have 1% or less in viewport. I also talk about how to properly export Redshift Proxy and import it back.

--- 

CONTENT:

0:00 - Information about choosing subtitles

0:05 - Where you can buy voiceovers in the other 12 languages.

0:10 - What's coming up in this video

0:22 - Welcome

0:26 - What is this channel about?

0:33 - How long have you been doing 3D and why did you choose this field?

0:40 - About VK and Telegram

0:52 - About donations and helping the channel.

1:04 - What will you get out of it?

1:17 - About Youtube-Community.

1:26 - About Instagram

1:31 - Going into FurBall shape and enabling the Render-Mode Evaluation option. 

1:50 - Checking what you get in Redshift IPR.

2:03 - How else can we use this option?

2:07 - Exporting hair in Redshift Proxy

2:16 - Importing the resulting object and checking in Redshift IPR.

2:32 - You may notice that the IPR update is faster than with the Ornatrix object and all the modifiers. This is because Redshift doesn't check them for updates - a feature of the render workflow. So if you want to speed up the workflow in IPR - export RS Proxy.

2:48 - Check how Redshift RT works. By the way the hair looks a little worse in this mode, but the render itself happens in Realtime, almost like in Unreal Engine.

--- 

Enjoy watching!

Sincerely,

Andrew Krivulya Charly.

EESignature

Відповідь корисна? Клікніть на "ВПОДОБАЙКУ" повідомленню! | Do you find the posts helpful? "LIKE" these posts!

На ваше запитання відповіли? Натисніть кнопку 'ПРИЙНЯТИ РІШЕННЯ' | Have your question been answered successfully? Click 'ACCEPT SOLUTION' button.

Андрiй Кривуля | Andrew Krivulya | 3D Grooming Artist - Facebook | Instagram | Twitter | LinkedIN | Youtube | Artstation

Message 42 of 67
akcharly

This is a series of videos about creating a hairstyle in Ornatrix/Maya for the character "Commander", which was made by Samir Mirzoev.

In this video, I show the initial stage of creating a hairstyle. Preparing the scalp, the special unwrap, drawing the mask and the basic setup of Ornatrix.

---

CONTENTS:

0:00 - Choosing subtitles.

0:05 - Where can you buy other language dubbing?

0:10 - What will be in this episode?

1:05 - For those new to this channel.

1:16 - Write in the comments - how long have you been doing 3d and why did you choose this field?

1:24 - About supporting the channel

1:38 - What's the benefit for you?

1:51 - About Youtube community and channel news

2:01 - About Instagram

2:06 - Preparing your scalp for Grooming

3:40 - Applying Ornatrix Preset - Furball.

3:50 - Setting up GuideFromMesh

4:37 - Why is it important to do a separate unwrap for the scalp?

5:30 - Drawing the Hair Growth Mask.

6:50 - Using SurfaceComb for direction and hair length.

9:50 - Using MeshFromStrands to sculpt.

11:30 - Blurring the edges for a smoother transition from skin to hair.

12:40 - Applying Clumping, Sub-Clumping and Length.

---   

Enjoy watching! 

Sincerely, Andrew Krivulya Charly.

EESignature

Message 43 of 67
akcharly

In this video:

- Showing working with guides in Edit Guides - using the "Comb" and "Grow Shrink" tools

- I also demonstrate the "Isolation" tool in "HairFromGuides", which allows you to isolate a selected part of the hairstyle - to simplify the "viewport" and make it easier to work with.

---

CONTENTS:

0:00 - What are we going to talk about in this video?

0:24 - Continuing to work with hair from where I stopped in the previous episode.

1:14 - Working with the guides in Edit Guides

5:04 - Temporal part and using "Comb", "GrowShrink" brushes.

7:25 - Working with the "Isolation Tool" in "HairFromGuides".

---   

Enjoy watching! 

EESignature

Message 44 of 67
akcharly

This is the fourth episode about creating a hairstyle in Ornatrix Maya for the character "Commander", which was done by Samir Mir. 

In this video:

- Showing the new HiddenGuideBehavior tool that was added to HairFromGuides

- Showing the new "Hide Non-Selected" button in Edit Guides.

- Continuing to work with the guides and improve the hair.

---

CONTENTS:

0:00 - What's coming up in this episode?

0:20 - Talking about the new references I found for this hairstyle

0:27 - Talking about the promise I made in the previous episode.

0:43 - Starting to keep that promise.

0:47 - Creating a plane for our task.

1:00 - Adding Ornatrix Furball Preset

1:11 - Adding SurfaceComb to adjust the direction of the hair

1:28 - Turn off hair selection for optimization, and turn on Camera Facing Normals for nicer display in viewport.

1:38 - Turn on 100% hair display in HairFromGuides

1:42 - Add Clump to break hair into bunches. 

1:50 - Beginning to talk about the new tools I promised to show you. Previously, to isolate the desired part of the hair, we used the Isolation Tab and the Hide button.

2:47 - Showing the new Hide Non-Selected tool in Edit Guides.

2:54 - The new Hidden Guide Behavior tool in HairFromGuides.

4:13 - Continuing to work with the guides for Commander hairstyle.

20:26 - Adding groups for guides to make it easier to distinguish them.

---   

Enjoy watching! 

EESignature

Message 45 of 67
akcharly

This is the fifth episode of Ornatrix Maya and V-Ray hairstyling for the "Commander" character Samir Mir.

In this video:

- I continue working with guides and different modifiers, as well as rendering a little in V-Ray - analyzing the result.

TIMING:

0:00 - Greetings and what this series will be about.

0:48 - Continuing to work with the guides

1:05 - Isolating a paired group of guides, because that's how I feel more comfortable working with them. Hiding the other guides so they don't get in the way.

1:19 - Assigning another group to these guides. This is done so that it was convenient to select them and the guides visually differ from each other - also for convenience. The different colors make it easier to control intersections.

1:36 - Adding an even number of guides. From my observations, this is how you get the best interpolation of the hair. And if you do Clump by Guides - it's easier to control everything. I've already said that Ornatrix - there are no clear rules on how to do everything. It's very flexible - in that respect.

9:41 - Here, I've turned on the mask to check - the correct placement of the guides.

12:20 - Checking the result on the renderer and adjusting the V-Ray Hair Mtl.

12:32 - Analysis of the reference. I can see now that the hairstyle turned out - more lush than in the original.

13:13 - Correcting the top of the hairstyle.

18:14 - Fixing the hair mask

19:49 - Looking at the back of the head and comparing it to the reference. Making edits.

22:40 - Adding variety to Clump - using the mask.

26:40 - Working on the Temples.

28:20 - Fixing the forehead hair.

30:27 - See what came out of these iterations.

30:53 - Don't forget to write a comment. Even a simple "thank you" is enough. It helps me promote my videos. Also, like and share the video with your friends.

30:57 - To be continued…

---

Enjoy watching! 

EESignature

Message 46 of 67
akcharly

This is a video tutorial for a scene I posted on ARTSTATION because subscribers asked for it.

It will be more useful to those who are just beginning their journey - in Realtime hair grooming and still afraid to dive into the maze of Coiffure. 

The scene includes - sliced haircards from textures + all the maps needed for Unreal, Marmoset and so on... 

All you have to do is to start creating hair planes from this preset. I showed you how to do it approximately in this video tutorial. 

Also - you can watch all the material in this playlist

As my subscribers have shown - the lessons in this playlist are enough to start making your own HairCards 😃

About Branching in 3ds Max - you can watch this video

---

TIMING:

0:00 - Demonstration of a scene with basic textures

0:07 - Demonstration of the textures that are included in the archive with the scene

0:48 - Showing the haircards I created from these textures

1:10 - How do I start creating haircards on a scalp? 

1:55 - How do I create a layer without Branching?

2:16 - How do I apply a haircard preset to guides?

3:17 - Demonstrating drawing haircards - based on one guide using the new "Create" tool.

4:03 - Which Proxy to use for FlyAway?

4:15 - How to prepare an Asset for export to UE, Marmoset, etc.?

4:50 - How to get the right number of triangles?

---

Enjoy watching! 

EESignature

Message 47 of 67
akcharly

In this video, I will explain how to improve hair sampling during Ornatrix hair rendering in 3ds Max/Corona Renderer.

Not everyone knows and understands that, more often than not, poor quality hair sampling is not really sampling, but just a small resolution for your task, or you just haven't rendered enough time. 

For CloseUp - it is enough to move the camera, increase the resolution - if the first action is not enough and turn off the option "Render as planes" in CoronaHairMod.

---

The Q&A section is video answers to subscribers' questions which they asked in various groups, comments under videos, etc.

This video I recorded a long time ago, when there was a page and group in VK. 

As I said, I'm just transferring all the video answers from the old channel. If something is out of date in such videos, I supplement them with new and up-to-date information.

TIMING:

0:00 - What will we talk about in this video?

0:37 - Demonstrating a HairSampling issue in CoronaRenderer from a subscriber.

0:53 - Showing an example with the same issue.

1:18 - Increasing resolution to 4K to fix hair pixelation.

1:22 - Turning off the Render as Planes option in CoronaHairMod. 

1:28 - See what happened. As you can see - the issue is fixed. Yes, you can zoom in on the camera and thereby improve the quality in a small resolution. But more often it is the need to render a large resolution, so that when you zoom in the renderer - we don't see pixels and bad samping.

1:34 - Checking hair with CoronaHairMtl

1:45 - Reduce the thickness of the hairs to check the rendering quality with this result. Since in the subscriber's example - they were just thinner.

1:53 - Here I say always look at the picture at 1:1 scale. But if there is a need for 2:1 quality, etc. - just increase the resolution. For example, you need such a picture for a bigboard or for printing. At the same time, if you need just a close angle - just zoom in the camera and turn off the "Render as Planes" option in CoronaHairMod.

2:16 - If you liked this material, please don't forget to like this video, subscribe to the channel and write at least "thank you" - in the comment below it.

---   

Enjoy watching! 

EESignature

Message 48 of 67
akcharly

In this video, I show a feature in Ornatrix Maya that subscribers have been asking for a very long time. It's the ability to animate hair without simulation - frame by frame. When you can change the shape somehow with any tools and set a key, then go to another frame and make more changes. After that, you interpolate the frames and get a smooth transition animation from one state to another. 

Animation Cache and the new Record Frame button are used for this.

---

The purpose of the series - quickly show something interesting and useful related to this plugin. 

I do not spend time on the voiceover, as there are already basic lessons - which also need to do 😃 But since - I do not upload them very often, need to do something else - to grow the channel.

---

TIMING:

0:00 - Select HairFromGuides and assign Animation Cache over it.

0:12 - Save the first frame with the Record Current Frame button

0:19 - Move the animation slider to frame 30. You can animate frame by frame if you like. Here I want to show how interpolation between frames works.

Change the shape of hair in Edit Guides. Just combing it. You can also do any manipulation in Edit Guides with any tools. 

0:38 - Saving the resulting frame.

0:40 - Checking what we got.

1:04 - Here I decided to assign the Surface Comb modifier, because with it you can quickly set the direction of hair and its length with special manipulators. Again, you can assign any modifier for your experiments.

1:06 - Using the Sink Tool - I create additional guides.

1:13 - Saving the frame again and seeing what happens.

1:21 - For frame 60 - I change the shape again.

1:41 - I do 500 frames to have more creativity.

2:32 - I add Edit Guides on top of Surface Comb to take the shape into account and edit the hair instead of the guides. Then I experiment with the shape by adding different iterations in different frames.

6:04 - Watching the resulting animation. Then it's up to your imagination. You can animate whatever you want. Drop your experiments in the comments.

---

Enjoy watching! 

Sincerely, Andrew Krivulya Charly

EESignature

Message 49 of 67
akcharly

This is Episode 6 of the tutorial about creating a hairstyle in Ornatrix Maya for the Commander character, which was made by Samir Mir.

In this video - I show how you can create guides faster by using the new Create tool and accounting for interpolation between guides.

And also - continuing to work with the guides - to improve the shape of the hair.

TIMING:

0:00 - Greetings and what's coming up in this episode.

0:54 - Showing the new Create tool - for quickly creating guides in Edit Guides. It allows you to consider interpolation between guides and create the correct direction, unlike the Plant Guide Tool.

2:56 - Showing the result where we left off in episode 5. 

3:01 - Continuing to meditate on the guides.

---   

Enjoy watching! 

EESignature

Message 50 of 67
akcharly

Are you interested in learning how to apply color to fur or hair using Ornatrix/3ds Max/Vray? If so, then this video is for you! In this tutorial, we'll walk you through the basics of using V-Ray Hair Mtl to add color to fur or hair, and 3ds Max and Vray to create the final render.

In this tutorial, you'll learn how to use V-RayHairNextMtl to add color to Ornatrix fur or hair, and 3ds Max and Vray to create a final render. After watching this video, you'll be able to apply color to fur or hair using Ornatrix/3ds Max/Vray effectively!

___

TIMING:

0:00 - Welcome and what will this video be about?

0:10 - How to become a channel sponsor and what do you get for it?

0:21 - If this is your first time on this channel?

0:31 - Don't forget to like, subscribe, and comment.

0:39 - I show you the object we are going to work with. You can create any other

0:44 - Demonstration of the textures that will be used in the lesson. You can also use any other textures. I chose these because subscribers had issues with displaying colors and the proper distribution of white and black.

0:52 - Drag and drop the textures into the Slate Material Editor and rename them differently so as not to get confused later.

1:04 - Creating VrayHairNextMtl

1:11 - To get the color from a texture, you first need to load it into the Diffuse Color Slot. 

1:17 - And if your goal is to get 100% diffusion, then set Diffuse Amount = 1.

1:22 - Check what we get on the renderer.

1:40 - If we want to get a more realistic result with glitter, we need to decrease the Diffuse Amount to 0.3-0.5, and Melanin = 0.

1:48 - To keep the wool color intact, you must load the same texture into the Dye Color slot.

1:57 - We check another texture with black and white stripes.

2:05 - As you can see, everything works correctly. Where white is white wool, where black is black wool.

2:13 - Reducing the size of the wool to better see how Ornatrix is working out the colors.

2:24 - Subscribers have been asking why it works the other way around for them. Because the bug is that you load all the textures in the Melanin slot... If you do everything as I showed you, everything will work.

2:47 - In the next video we'll talk about Redshift.

2:50 - If you liked this video, don't forget to like it, subscribe to the channel and write a comment.

3:00 - If this is your first time on this channel, I'll tell you what it's about.

3:10 - Write in the comments, how long have you been doing 3D and why did you choose this field?

3:19 - If you like what I do - telling you how to support me.

3:33 - I explain what this will do for you.

3:48 - Don't forget to check out my Youtube community where I share all kinds of news.

4:00 - Don't forget about my instagram, where I share my work and in WIP.

___

Enjoy watching! 

EESignature

Message 51 of 67
akcharly

Are you interested in learning how to apply color to fur or hair using Ornatrix/3ds Max/Redshift? If so, then this video is for you! In this tutorial, we'll walk you through the basics of using Redshift Principled Hair to add color to fur or hair, and 3ds Max and Redshift to create the final render.

In this tutorial, you'll learn how to use Redshift Principled Hair Mtl to add color to Ornatrix fur or hair, and 3ds Max and Redshift to create a final render. After watching this video, you'll be able to apply color to fur or hair using Ornatrix/3ds Max/Redshift effectively!

___

TIMING:

0:00 - Welcome and what will this video be about?

0:16 - How to become a channel sponsor and what do you get for it?

0:25 - If this is your first time on this channel?

0:36 - Don't forget to like, subscribe, and comment.

0:45 - For Redshift, I use the same model as in the V-Ray lesson.

1:01 - Create Redshift Principled Hair Material

1:17 - We set up the material and see what happens on the renderer.

1:53 - We see that the color did not appear. To do this, set Albedo Mix = 1

2:16 - Drag the same map to the Tint slot to adjust the correct shade of glitter.

2:31 - Since we don't need 100% of the map for this task, we need to create a node with which we will adjust the percentage of white and texture.

2:55 - Create an RS Color Mix node for this task.

3:44 - To remove the ribbing of the hair and make it smoother, we need to turn on several options in the Hair tab.

4:14 - To do this, turn on "Min Pixel Width" and "Tessellation

4:56 - Turning off Redshift Hybrid Render for the GPU test

6:14 - Turning on CPU and Hybrid Rendering

7:31 - If you liked this video, don't forget to like it, subscribe to the channel and write a comment.

7:41 - If this is your first time on this channel, I'll tell you what it's about.

7:54 - Write in the comments, how long have you been doing 3D and why did you choose this field?

8:00 - If you like what I do - telling you how to support me.

8:15 - I explain what this will do for you.

8:30 - Don't forget to check out my Youtube community where I share all kinds of news.

8:41 - Don't forget about my instagram, where I share my work and in WIP.

___

Enjoy watching! 

EESignature

Message 52 of 67
akcharly

Hi, everyone!

Merry Xmas and Happy New Year to everyone!!!

I hope that this holiday season is filled with joy, health, and happiness for you and your loved ones. May the coming year bring new discoveries, interesting projects, and moments of laughter that keep a smile on your face.

Wishing you all the best for a wonderful holiday season and a prosperous new year.

akcharly_0-1671946399148.gif

EESignature

Message 53 of 67
akcharly

So, the New Year begins with a new tutorial 😃

Are you looking for a way to make fur or hair come alive with color? Then look no further! This video will guide you step-by-step on how to apply color to your fur or hair with Octane and Ornatrix for 3ds Max. I'll provide you with an in-depth look at color painting directly on hair and show you the best way to use Octane and Ornatrix 3ds Max together to achieve stunning results - all in a simple, easy-to-follow format. By the end of the video, you'll have the knowledge and confidence to make your fur or hair look beautiful in renders!

In this video, I'll explain two methods to achieve amazing results in transferring color to fur. I will demonstrate the method you already know from previous videos, and then I'll also show you an advanced technique with a special brush in Ornatrix to paint fur exactly where you want it. After that, I'll give a detailed tutorial on how to render it correctly in Octane with a special node.

I also demonstrate how you can troubleshoot and avoid any bugs that I've described here:

➡Hair Tessellation - https://render.otoy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=111&t=77070

➡[Ornatrix] Display color issue with Octane Hair material -  https://render.otoy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=80945

➡[Ornatrix] EG Selection issue with Octane material - https://render.otoy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=80910

➡Autodesk Forum - https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/3ds-max-ideas/ornatrix-eg-selection-issue-with-octane-material/idi-p/...

And of course, I'll compare the rendering speed of such a fur in two different views, giving you all the information that you need to make an informed decision.

___

TIMING:

0:00 - Greetings

0:05 - What are we going to talk about in this video?

0:26 - You can become a channel sponsor and get a 95% discount on all my Assets

0:35 - Instructions for those who are new to this channel and want to support me.

0:47 - Don't forget to like and subscribe to the channel.

0:54 - For Octane Renderer I also use the same scene as in the previous tutorials.

1:09 - The first method of transferring color to wool is with a texture.

1:12 - Creating the Octane Hair Material

1:19 - Create an RGB Image node to load the texture

1:32 - Connecting it to the Diffuse and Albedo slots

1:41 - Adjust Longitudinal and Azimuthal Roughness for proper gloss.

2:05 - Turn on 100% hair rendering in viewport, and the Movable Proxy setting if it's not on.

2:27 - Go to render settings and select "All Objects" for the "Notify objects on render" option in the "Kernel" tab.

2:51 - Load texture with color - in RGB Image node.

3:19 - Since Octane Renderer hasn't added an option for smoothing hairs yet - add the Strand Detail modifier to solve this issue.

4:52 - Create another Ornatrix object - to use the second method. I decided to create a new object, because it's easier to show the work of this method on it.

5:37 - Talking about a bug in Octane that causes the selection and color not to be displayed - after painting.

5:45 - Choosing temporarily Arnold Renderer to solve the issue (though later I will show how to avoid this step on the advice of the developers from OTOY)

6:06 - Showing the solution from the developers.

8:31 - Saying that I got the developer's advice a little later, so the rest of the video will be shown with my solution, but you can safely use the solution from OTOY. Since there is nothing on the screen at the time of my story - decided to show you my favorite Forza Horizon 5.

8:58 - Figuring out how to start hand painting the hair.

9:13 - Choosing a Paint Brush

9:25 - Activating Multi-Channel(RGB)

9:32 - Add the three Color Channels - Color_R,G,B

10:26 - Drawing on the hair in the right place

13:25 - I tell you how to render the resulting color.

14:07 - Setting up the renderer for the test and running the tests.

___

Enjoy watching! 

EESignature

Message 54 of 67
akcharly

Are you looking for a way to make fur or hair come alive with color? Then look no further! This video will guide you step-by-step on how to apply color to your fur or hair with Arnold Renderer and Ornatrix for 3ds Max. I'll provide you with an in-depth look at color painting directly on hair and show you the best way to use Arnold and Ornatrix 3ds Max together to achieve stunning results - all in a simple, easy-to-follow format. By the end of the video, you'll have the knowledge and confidence to make your fur or hair look beautiful in renders!

In this video, I'll explain two methods to achieve amazing results in transferring color to fur. I will demonstrate the method you already know from previous videos, and then I'll also show you an advanced technique with a special brush in Ornatrix to paint fur exactly where you want it. After that, I'll give a detailed tutorial on how to render it correctly in Arnold Renderer with a special node.

And of course, I'll compare the rendering speed of such a fur in two different views, giving you all the information that you need to make an informed decision.

___

TIMING:

0:00 - Voiced by SteosVoice

0:03 - Greetings

0:07 - What are we going to talk about in this video?

0:29 - You can become a channel sponsor and get a 95% discount on all my Assets + can watch any video with different voice dub.

0:38 - Instructions for those who are new to this channel and want to support me.

0:50 - Don't forget to like and subscribe to the channel.

0:57 - For Arnold Renderer I also use the same scene as in the previous tutorials.

1:17 - The first method of transferring color to fur is with a texture.

1:20 - Open the Material Editor and create Arnold Standard Hair

1:30 - Create an Image node, which we connect to Base Color and Diffuse Color slots.

1:40 - We add the desired texture.

1:53 - Increase the Diffuse Weight value to see the texture color

1:56 - Adjusting Anisotropic and Azimuthal Roughness

2:30 - Let's proceed to a review of the second method of direct paint on fur.

2:40 - Creating channels for painting with color

4:11 - Painting with color on fur

6:47 - Create a User Data RGB node to see the color on the renderer

7:03 - Select the channels in the Ox Arnold modifier, in order to have them on the renderer

8:01 - Testing the rendering speed without a denoiser

9:23 - We test the rendering speed with the denoiser. 11 times faster!

9:41 - Testing the rendering speed for CloseUp

11:03 - If you liked the video - do not forget to like and subscribe to the channel.

11:09 - What is this channel about?

11:19 - Write in the comments - how long have you been doing 3D and what attracted you to this field?

11:26 - If you like what I do - telling you how to support me.

11:41 - What's in it for you?

11:56 - Don't forget to go to Youtube Community

12:06 - And, of course, subscribe to my Instagram.

___

Enjoy watching! 

Best regards, 

Andrew Krivulya Charly.

___

EESignature

Message 55 of 67
akcharly

This is Episode 7 of the tutorial about creating a hairstyle in Ornatrix Maya for the Commander character, which was made by Samir Mir.

In this video - I continue to work with the guides in Edit Guides, namely improving the shape of the guides on the back of the head and near the ear. I talk about a new feature in Ornatrix v4 - Hide Non-Selected and you can already use it. When I recorded the video - it did not exist then, so I first select the guides, invert the selection and hide the excess. And now you can just isolate the guides you want right away - without doing anything unnecessary.

EESignature

Message 56 of 67
akcharly

This is Episode 8 of the tutorial about creating a hairstyle in Ornatrix Maya for the Commander character, which was made by Samir Mir.

In this video - I continue to work with the guides on the back of the head as well as behind the ear - in Edit Guides.

EESignature

Message 57 of 67
akcharly

Welcome to another exciting episode where we explore and dissect the latest features in the world of 3D modelling and animation. In this video, we delve into the newly released Ornatrix Maya v4 and its outstanding feature - the Dynamic Clump.

The Dynamic Clump feature revolutionizes how we manipulate hair and fur simulations, offering the unique ability to dynamically alter the number of clumps using a simple slider. Throughout this video, we'll be demonstrating this feature in detail, showing you how it can drastically enhance your workflow and elevate your creations to the next level.

Whether you're a seasoned 3D artist or a newbie dipping their toes into the vast ocean of 3D modelling, this tutorial will provide valuable insights and techniques to help you harness the full potential of Ornatrix Maya v4. So, buckle up, and let's dive into the world of dynamic hair simulation.

Stay creative and keep exploring!

EESignature

Message 58 of 67
akcharly

Unlock the secrets of creating stunning hair masks in Ornatrix 3ds Max with this in-depth tutorial! Dive into two powerful methods that will elevate your 3D grooming skills and bring your characters to life. Learn from CharlyTutors, your go-to source for Ornatrix expertise, and join our growing community of 3D artists. Don't forget to like, comment, and subscribe for more amazing content! 

Enjoy watching!

Best regards,

Andrew Krivulya Charly.

EESignature

Message 59 of 67
akcharly

This is the first episode of Making of Hairstyles, which I created for Streamoid in Ornatrix Maya and then rendered on Metahuman in Unreal Engine 5.

Here we will talk about a project in Maya:

➡ about how I did baby hair and why I removed some of the hair in the back.
➡ Then we will talk about the main part of the hair.
➡ about how I colored this hair with a special brush in Ornatrix.
➡ How the ponytail was created

Enjoy watching! Best regards, Andrew Krivulya Charly.

EESignature

Message 60 of 67
akcharly

This is the 2nd(final) episode of Making of Hairstyle, which I created for StreamoidTechnologies in Ornatrix Maya and then rendered on Metahuman in Unreal Engine 5. 

In this video: 

➡ Show how I colored the ponytail using the 5 groups created in Generate Strand Data and the special brush in Edit Guides. 

➡ Show how I created the knot for the tail 

➡ Show the hair shader settings in Unreal Engine 5 for each part. 

➡ A simple example of how to export the vertex color drawn in Ornatrix to Unreal Engine and how to configure the material to display that color in the engine.

Enjoy watching!

Best regards,

Andrew Krivulya Charly.

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report