Community
Maya Animation and Rigging
Welcome to Autodesk’s Maya Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Maya animation topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem to Re-Targeting Mocap Animation (Finger Mocap) to Skeleton

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
Anonymous
1413 Views, 5 Replies

Problem to Re-Targeting Mocap Animation (Finger Mocap) to Skeleton

Hello and thank you for your Time in advance !

I got a really tricky Problem with re-targeting my mocap finger data to another skeleton.
Both Skeletons are set to Zero Rotation.
In the Scene Y Axis has to be set to UP and the bone Orientations also seem to go well like this.

The Problem is that the Red skeleton doesnt have the same Zero Rotations as the otherone. (Sample 1)

That indicates a huge Problem while re-targeting because the Bones of the red skeleton bend wrong. (Sample 2)

Do you have any Idea how i can fix this Problem ? I would be more than happy to get this solved.

Thank You very much !

Jan
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
faline.custodio.da.silva
in reply to: Anonymous

@Anonymous

Is the history on the joints deleted? Are their rotations frozen before re-targeting? 

Faline Custodio Da Silva

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous

Hi Faline,

the History is on the target joint should be deleted ?! What do you mean ? 

And where should i freeze the rotations ? 

Someone told me also:

You might run a script that parent constraints (with Maintain Offset off) the Red hand to the Mocap source’s hand, then bakes the red hand...

What do you think ? 

Thank you very very much for your help Faline i really appreciate it! 

Jan

Message 4 of 6
faline.custodio.da.silva

@Anonymous

I'm referring to Edit > Delete by type > History sometimes this can clear some issues up. I'd be happy to take a look at your scene file, if you would like to send it to me in a private message.

More than happy to take a look and provide further insight. =] Let me know!

Cheers

Faline Custodio Da Silva

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous

Hey I sent you a private message ! 

Greetz

Message 6 of 6
Jordan_BrownBXM7D

I know this thread is long old, but I've recently came across the same issue and resolved it. Of your first image, your source motion fingers are perfectly straight; we can call this T-pose of fingers. Whereas your red target skeleton is more relaxed and in a natural pose; we can look at that as an A-pose for fingers. Instead of focusing on zeroing out the rotations, try to take your target skeleton and match the T-pose of the source skeleton. It is more important that the source and target skeletons are matching in their poses. Also another gotcha, make sure to do your pose edits after you've unlocked your target skeleton definition, and re-lock it when the posing is done, assuming you're using HumanIK.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report