Community
Maya Animation and Rigging
Welcome to Autodesk’s Maya Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Maya animation topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

maya animation slower then it should be

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
jelle.meersschaut
227 Views, 2 Replies

maya animation slower then it should be

hi,

im working on an animation. it has only one referenced character in it and my scene is set to 25 frames per second. my issue is that even thou its set to 25 frames per second my animation does not play at 25 frames per second and it makes it realy annoying to animate. ive tried some things and the problem occurs the moment there is any sort of animation on my rig. however animating a cube for example does not give any issues. i thought it might be the fact that i referenced the rig but the same issue happens when i dont reference it. i have the same problem with another file with a different referenced rig. i dont know how to fix this plz help me  

Tags (2)
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Its very hard to tell why a rig is slow.. 

but one thing I often start with  is to "select all" on the top group of the rig. 

and press 1 to set ALL meshes to preview level 0

something as simple as smooth preview , can really affect the playback.

There are lots of other things to check , like uv history on bound geo. 

DG / parallel / serial/  Evaluation settings ( in preferences , under "Settings | Animation) 

you can try turning on Cached Playback , if the evaluation mode is set to Serial or Parallel 

hth

-=s

Message 3 of 3

setting the preview level to 0 worked 

at first i didnt but then i did the same thing on the original file i referenced and deleted the non-deformer history as wel and when i opend the other file again it worked 

thank you very much for helping me

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report