Community
Maya Animation and Rigging
Welcome to Autodesk’s Maya Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Maya animation topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maya 2018 Quick Rig Keyframe Problem

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
Anonymous
5102 Views, 5 Replies

Maya 2018 Quick Rig Keyframe Problem

Hello!

Currently im working a mobile character rigged by "quick rig" but i have serious problem making animation.

My problem is when i set keyframe a controller, it set all the controllers same time and current positions. e.g : When i set a keyframe to right arm controller, it sets left arm, chest, hips, right leg, left leg controller too.  But when i set key to simple joint, its not affect other joints

I want to set keyframe to only selected controller, Is there a solution ?

ezgif-2-b70da678ee

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
kelly_hynes
in reply to: Anonymous

Hello,

In the Human IK window you can choose if you want keys to be set on the 'full body', 'body part', or 'selection'.  If you chose 'selection' mode, remember to switch back to body part or full body mode or your rig will appear to be locked in place.

Regards,

Kelly

Kelly Hynes
Manager, Software QA Engineering
Installation & Licensing forums | Contact product support | Autodesk AREA

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: kelly_hynes

Thank you very much! Problem solved.
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: kelly_hynes

you saved my life!

@kelly_hyneswrote:

Hello,

In the Human IK window you can choose if you want keys to be set on the 'full body', 'body part', or 'selection'.  If you chose 'selection' mode, remember to switch back to body part or full body mode or your rig will appear to be locked in place.

Regards,

Kelly

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Hello all!

I am having an animation problem while using Human IK. I select all of my controllers and create a pose. However, whenever I select one controller and delete the keyframe for that controller, it deletes all of the keyframes for the entire pose. 

Any ideas why this happening and also how to fix this. 

Thank you! 

Message 6 of 6

6 years late to this but thank you, it works!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators