Announcements
Due to scheduled maintenance, the Autodesk Community will be inaccessible from 10:00PM PDT on Oct 16th for approximately 1 hour. We appreciate your patience during this time.
Community
Maya Animation and Rigging
Welcome to Autodesk’s Maya Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Maya animation topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maya 2017-19 student version crashes after opening graph editor

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
852 Views, 2 Replies

Maya 2017-19 student version crashes after opening graph editor

Whenever I open the graph editor Maya instantly crashes. It has nothing to do with my scene as it will still crash on a clean file. To try and fix this problem I have already tried updating, re-installing and using different versions of Maya from version 2017 to 2019. Every version has the same problem. I don't get a error report either so there's no crash log. 

It may be a problem with my drivers, however i was using the graph editor in Maya 2018 just 4 days ago with no problems.

Any help would be much appreciated, I have deadlines in 2 weeks! I searched the web for answers and couldn't find anybody with the same issue on the same versions of Maya. I've left a couple screen grabs of the crash if it's any help.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
laurence.cymet
in reply to: Anonymous

If you were just using Maya 2018 4 days ago without a problem, does it happen in Maya 2018? If so, has anything changed on your machine? (e.g. drivers). Also is that Windows 7 or XP? 

Try these preference changes, one at a time to see if they help

• Under Display, set rendering engine to "OpenGL legacy" 
  • Under Animation - set Graph Editor UI to "Classic"

Hope that helps.

L

Message 3 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: laurence.cymet

Hi L, thanks for the reply

I have since moved to a new machine so I no longer experience this problem.

However, I think it might have been a driver issue.

Also I was running win 7, but with a classic theme.

Thanks

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report