Community
Maya Animation and Rigging
Welcome to Autodesk’s Maya Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Maya animation topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disable key snapping in the graph editor?

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
InNeedOfHelp
2852 Views, 2 Replies

Disable key snapping in the graph editor?

How do I disable snapping in the graph editor so it behaves like the timeslider? I scale some keys so all the but first are on fractions of a key, I can then move them in the timeslider keeping their relative spacing intact. Doing the same in the graph editor they snap to the nearest whole frame. The only solution I've found was disabling grid snapping all together in the graph editor, but ideally I'd like to offset the select in whole frame increments, again just keeping the spacing of the keys exactly how the timeslider works. Thanks!

DzJ0XLNMJB.gif

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
mcw0
in reply to: InNeedOfHelp

It's all or nothing I'm afraid.  Either you grid snap all of the keys or none of the keys.  If it doesn't have to be interactive, you can use a small script.  You can place it on the shelf and hit it a few times until you get the curve where you want it.  Just set the increment value.

int $increment = 25;

keyframe -e -iub true -animation keys -r -o over -tc $increment ;

Message 3 of 3
patanimates
in reply to: mcw0

Have you tried going into your Time Slider settings and turning off the "Auto-Snap Keys" option box? If this is on, it will make all your keys in the Graph Editor snap to whole frames like the rule set for the Time Slider since they're at parity

patanimates_0-1696633290844.png

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report