Community
Maya Animation and Rigging
Welcome to Autodesk’s Maya Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Maya animation topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Playblast problem "From render settings".

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
shvageranya
1178 Views, 6 Replies

Playblast problem "From render settings".

Hi!
I have weird situation on my PC witn AMD Ryzen 9 and Maya 2020.
When I try to use "From Window" in Playblast options, resolution HD_1080(qt, H.264) and Scale 1 - everything is ok. With the Scale less than 1 also ok. But.
When my Playblast optionts have "From render setting", resolution HD_1080(qt, H.264) and Scale 1 - playblast crushes on 47 Frame, every time in every shot. Helps just changing Scale to 90 or less.

How could I fix this bug?

Labels (1)
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

Can't replicate error in M2019, both scenarios work here.

• Does regular playback passes #47 normally? - to rule out that scene contents are cause of the crash.
  • Does playblast crashes if you do the capture with your active panel maximized AND ToolOptions AND ChannelBox AND AttributeEditor collapsed to tabs? This might rule out hardware/driver issues on buffer down scaling, if you are working on a display resolution larger than 1080HD.

,,,_°(O__O)°_,,,
Maya2019.1 @ Windows10 & GeForce GTX1080Ti

If the post was helpful, click the
 ACCEPT SOLUTION  button, so others might find it much more easily.

Message 3 of 7

1. Frame 47 is fine, as the problem occurs in every scene, not just one. That is, no matter what the scene contains and what size it is, the playblast always breaks at frame 47. And yes. regular playback also ok.

2. Whether or not the tabs are deployed is also irrelevant. The size of the programme window itself also has no effect on the error.

Message 4 of 7

I'm getting the exact same issue in Maya 2022 with HD Render setting QT H264. It worked for 1 day. It drops on frame 44 every time and in every scene!

Did you find a solution to this?

Message 5 of 7
NataliaTMJPH
in reply to: shvageranya

Have you find an answer? I'm using maya 2023 and just upgraded my pc to a ryzen 9 amd, before upgrading, it would work fine, but now i can't change to render settings not sure if the cpu makes a different, but now that you mentioned....

Message 6 of 7

I've just written a custom script for playblast in H264 and used it for myself. 
You can download it here:
https://shvageranya.gumroad.com/l/tqtdi?layout=profile
I hope it helps!

Message 7 of 7
shvageranya
in reply to: NataliaTMJPH

I've just written the custom Playblast script and used it for myself.
If you still have this problem - you can download my script here:
https://shvageranya.gumroad.com/l/tqtdi?layout=profile 
I hope it helps! 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report