Community
Inventor Programming - iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice
Inventor iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice Forum. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics related to programming, creating add-ins, macros, working with the API or creating iLogic tools.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VBA Code for exporting SAT files - Help needed from someone with VBA knowledge

24 REPLIES 24
SOLVED
Message 1 of 25
Anonymous
1592 Views, 24 Replies

VBA Code for exporting SAT files - Help needed from someone with VBA knowledge

Hello,

We currently use a simple VBA macro to generate a DXF of a drawing to a specific folder by clicking on a button. We need the same function for creating a SAT file from an IPT (sheet metal part) and I am struggling to make this work. I know it is probably possible with Ilogic but would prefer to just add have this as the same function we have on the DXF.

This would export the IPT as a 3D model (not the flat pattern) to a specified folder and keep the original filename but as *.SAT

The code we use for the DXF export is below. If any VBA experts out there could help with some code for SAT files it would be appreciated.

Thanks

Fred

Sub EXPORT()

Dim invApp As Inventor.Application
Set invApp = ThisApplication
invApp.SilentOperation = True

Dim idwDoc As Inventor.DrawingDocument
Set idwDoc = invApp.ActiveDocument

Dim dxfFile As String
dxfFile = idwDoc.FullFileName
dxfFile = "\\HKEURVAULT\Inventor Resources\DXF_FOR_LAYOUTS\" & idwDoc.DisplayName

Mid(dxfFile, Len(dxfFile) - 3) = ".dxf"

With invApp.CommandManager
Call .PostPrivateEvent(kFileNameEvent, dxfFile)
Call .StartCommand(kFileSaveCopyAsCommand)
End With

Set idwDoc = Nothing
invApp.SilentOperation = False
Set invApp = Nothing

End Sub

Tags (2)
24 REPLIES 24
Message 2 of 25
bradeneuropeArthur
in reply to: Anonymous

Module CreateSatFile

Private m_invApp As Inventor.Application

Public Sub ExportToSat()

set m_invApp = thisapplication
        Dim oSATTrans As TranslatorAddIn

set oSATTrans = m_invApp.ApplicationAddIns.ItemById("{89162634-02B6-11D5-8E80-0010B541CD80}")

If oSATTrans Is Nothing Then
                        Exit Sub
        End If

Dim oContext As TranslationContext
        set oContext = m_invApp.TransientObjects.CreateTranslationContext
        Dim oOptions As NameValueMap
        set oOptions = m_invApp.TransientObjects.CreateNameValueMap

If oSATTrans.HasSaveCopyAsOptions(m_invApp.ActiveDocument, oContext, oOptions) Then

oOptions.Value("ExportUnits") = 5

oContext.Type = IOMechanismEnum.kFileBrowseIOMechanism

Dim oData As DataMedium

set oData = m_invApp.TransientObjects.CreateDataMedium

oData.FileName = "C:\test\TEST.sat"

Call oSATTrans.SaveCopyAs(m_invApp.ActiveDocument, oContext, oOptions, oData)

End If

End Sub

End Module

Regards,

Arthur Knoors

Autodesk Affiliations:

Autodesk Software:Inventor Professional 2024 | Vault Professional 2022 | Autocad Mechanical 2022
Programming Skills:Vba | Vb.net (Add ins Vault / Inventor, Applications) | I-logic
Programming Examples:Drawing List!|Toggle Drawing Sheet!|Workplane Resize!|Drawing View Locker!|Multi Sheet to Mono Sheet!|Drawing Weld Symbols!|Drawing View Label Align!|Open From Balloon!|Model State Lock!
Posts and Ideas:Dimension Component!|Partlist Export!|Derive I-properties!|Vault Prompts Via API!|Vault Handbook/Manual!|Drawing Toggle Sheets!|Vault Defer Update!

! For administrative reasons, please mark a "Solution as solved" when the issue is solved !

Message 3 of 25
Anonymous
in reply to: bradeneuropeArthur

Thanks for the code....

How do I set a default network folder and keep the same filename so everytime we save a SAT it goes to a network folder as the existing filename but as a SAT file?

Message 4 of 25
bradeneuropeArthur

Hi,

What is your network drive called?

Regards,

Arthur Knoors

Autodesk Affiliations:

Autodesk Software:Inventor Professional 2024 | Vault Professional 2022 | Autocad Mechanical 2022
Programming Skills:Vba | Vb.net (Add ins Vault / Inventor, Applications) | I-logic
Programming Examples:Drawing List!|Toggle Drawing Sheet!|Workplane Resize!|Drawing View Locker!|Multi Sheet to Mono Sheet!|Drawing Weld Symbols!|Drawing View Label Align!|Open From Balloon!|Model State Lock!
Posts and Ideas:Dimension Component!|Partlist Export!|Derive I-properties!|Vault Prompts Via API!|Vault Handbook/Manual!|Drawing Toggle Sheets!|Vault Defer Update!

! For administrative reasons, please mark a "Solution as solved" when the issue is solved !

Message 5 of 25
Anonymous

\\hkeurvault\

Message 6 of 25
bradeneuropeArthur

and your project drive:

like c or d

Regards,

Arthur Knoors

Autodesk Affiliations:

Message 7 of 25

Than use this:

new programmed for network drive: c:\" >>>> to  >>>>"\\hkeurvault\

Private m_invApp As Inventor.Application

Public Sub ExportToSat()

Set m_invApp = ThisApplication

Set oSATTrans = m_invApp.ApplicationAddIns.ItemById("{89162634-02B6-11D5-8E80-0010B541CD80}")

Exit Sub
        End If

Set oContext = m_invApp.TransientObjects.CreateTranslationContext
        Set oOptions = m_invApp.TransientObjects.CreateNameValueMap

If oSATTrans.HasSaveCopyAsOptions(m_invApp.ActiveDocument, oContext, oOptions) Then

Dim oData As DataMedium

Set oData = m_invApp.TransientObjects.CreateDataMedium

'oData.FileName = "C:\test\TEST.sat"

Dim oSatFileName As String
            oSatFileName = Replace(m_invApp.ActiveDocument.FullFileName, ".ipt", ".sat") ' ipt to sat
            oSatFileName = Replace(m_invApp.ActiveDocument.FullFileName, "c:\", "\\hkeurvault\") ' c:\ to \\hkeurvault\
            oData.FileName = oSatFileName

End If

Hope this will help you!

Regards,

Regards,

Arthur Knoors

Autodesk Affiliations:

Message 8 of 25
Anonymous

All the drives are networked and we don't use a mapped drive letter and use the full syntax (see attached)

Message 9 of 25
bradeneuropeArthur

than use the last posted code...

Regards,

Autodesk Software: Inventor Professional 2018 | Vault Professional 2018 | Autocad Mechanical 2018
Programming Skills: Vba | Vb.net (Add ins Vault / Inventor, Applications) | I-logic
Dimension Component! | Partlist Export! | Derive I-properties! | Vault Prompts Via API! | Vault Handbook/Manual!
Drawing Toggle Sheets! | Vault Defer Update!

Regards,

Arthur Knoors

Autodesk Affiliations:

Message 10 of 25
Anonymous

Getting there....

Now getting an error (see attached)

Message 11 of 25
bradeneuropeArthur

Are you using inventor 2015?

Regards,

Arthur Knoors

Autodesk Affiliations:

Message 12 of 25

this will do the trick:

Public Sub ExportToSat()

Set oSATTrans = m_invApp.ApplicationAddIns.ItemById("{89162634-02B6-11D5-8E80-0010B541CD80}")

Exit Sub
        End If

Dim oData As DataMedium

'oData.FileName = "C:\test\TEST.sat"

oSatFileName = Replace(m_invApp.ActiveDocument.FullFileName, ".ipt", ".sat") ' ipt to sat
            oSatFileName = Replace(m_invApp.ActiveDocument.FullFileName, "C:\", "\\hkeurvault\") ' c:\ to \\hkeurvault\
            MsgBox oSatFileName
            oData.FileName = oSatFileName

End If

End Sub

the drive c: was written to lower and must be upper C:

Regards,

Arthur Knoors

Autodesk Affiliations:

Message 13 of 25
Anonymous

Hi,

It is now trying to create an odd folder string but maybe I didn't explain the current structure correctly....

We are using Vault and the local path for our files are C:\VAULT\DESIGNS\ and then we separate the folders further by customer and part number etc. The SAT files we need are for our brake press and need to be on the network server in a flat folder structure her \\hkeurvault\SAT_FILES\

It seems like the code is creating a mixture of the network path and the local path? I attached a couple of screenshots.

Message 14 of 25
bradeneuropeArthur

So:

The files are located always in for example: C:\VAULT\DESIGNS\Customer001\Brake.ipt

and must be exported always to:  \\hkeurvault\SAT_FILES\Brake.sat

Correct?

Regards,

Arthur Knoors

Autodesk Affiliations:

Message 15 of 25

Then this should work:

Public Sub ExportToSat()

Exit Sub
        End If

Dim oData As DataMedium

On Error Resume Next

MkDir ("\\hkeurvault\SAT_FILES\")

Err.Clear

oData.FileName = "\\hkeurvault\SAT_FILES\" & oSatFileName

End If

End Sub

Regards,

Regards,

Arthur Knoors

Autodesk Affiliations:

Message 16 of 25
Anonymous

HI,

Yes that is correct but obviously the IPT folder varies every time depending on which files we are exporting to the network. 

Thanks

Andy

Message 17 of 25
bradeneuropeArthur

please give me two examples of the export folder depending of the file exported.

and please give me the feedback I need to have about what is defining the folder names...

see the new code posted too...

Regards,

Arthur Knoors

Autodesk Affiliations:

Message 18 of 25
Anonymous

Hi 

Please see screen shots...

Capture6 = current error with new code

Capture7 = IPT typical folder

Capture8 = Network folder (SAT file is there from a manual savecopyas test)

Message 19 of 25
Anonymous

Yes still on Inventor 2015 until the end of the year

Message 20 of 25
Anonymous

@bradeneuropeArthur wrote:

please give me two examples of the export folder depending of the file exported.

The export folder will always be the same \\HKEURVAULT\SAT_FILES

All of the exported SAT files should be in the same folder with no additional sub folders

Hope it is clear

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report