Community
Inventor Programming - iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice
Inventor iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice Forum. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics related to programming, creating add-ins, macros, working with the API or creating iLogic tools.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tab functionality through controls on an Inventor Add-in winform

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
Tiffany_Hayden_
344 Views, 7 Replies

Tab functionality through controls on an Inventor Add-in winform

I have a form that instantiated on a button click on custom ribbon for a custom add-in. I'm noticing some behavior that is odd and after a lot of research I think it's Inventor application causing this behavior. 

Controls 

3 text boxes, tab index is 1, 2, 3 where tabstop = True for all three. All other label controls have a greater than 3 tab index. 

Form 

KeyPreview Property = True

What occurs is when a tab happens after the form loads the windows chime sounds like it is not allowed. 

Has anyone had this situation where tab was not allowed on a windows form within a custom addin? If so what did you do? 

Thanks! 

Tiffany Hayden
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Tags (3)
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8

Do you use show or showdialog?

Regards,

Arthur Knoors

Autodesk Affiliations:

Autodesk Software:Inventor Professional 2024 | Vault Professional 2022 | Autocad Mechanical 2022
Programming Skills:Vba | Vb.net (Add ins Vault / Inventor, Applications) | I-logic
Programming Examples:Drawing List!|Toggle Drawing Sheet!|Workplane Resize!|Drawing View Locker!|Multi Sheet to Mono Sheet!|Drawing Weld Symbols!|Drawing View Label Align!|Open From Balloon!|Model State Lock!
Posts and Ideas:Dimension Component!|Partlist Export!|Derive I-properties!|Vault Prompts Via API!|Vault Handbook/Manual!|Drawing Toggle Sheets!|Vault Defer Update!

! For administrative reasons, please mark a "Solution as solved" when the issue is solved !

Message 3 of 8

I'm currently using .show on my form.

Tiffany Hayden
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 4 of 8

Could you try showdialog, if that makes difference?

Regards,

Arthur Knoors

Autodesk Affiliations:

Autodesk Software:Inventor Professional 2024 | Vault Professional 2022 | Autocad Mechanical 2022
Programming Skills:Vba | Vb.net (Add ins Vault / Inventor, Applications) | I-logic
Programming Examples:Drawing List!|Toggle Drawing Sheet!|Workplane Resize!|Drawing View Locker!|Multi Sheet to Mono Sheet!|Drawing Weld Symbols!|Drawing View Label Align!|Open From Balloon!|Model State Lock!
Posts and Ideas:Dimension Component!|Partlist Export!|Derive I-properties!|Vault Prompts Via API!|Vault Handbook/Manual!|Drawing Toggle Sheets!|Vault Defer Update!

! For administrative reasons, please mark a "Solution as solved" when the issue is solved !

Message 5 of 8

I definitely will try that!

Tiffany Hayden

EESignature

Message 6 of 8

@bradeneuropeArthur Changing it from show to showdialog worked! Thanks so much! 

Tiffany Hayden

EESignature

Message 7 of 8

Sometimes the solution is closer than is thought.

Let me know if you have any other or programming related issues.

Regards,

Arthur Knoors

Autodesk Affiliations:

Message 8 of 8

Yes I searched high and low! That's why I love the forums. So many people that have so much experience in one place. I'm so glad we have this community. 😊😊

Tiffany Hayden

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report