Community
Inventor Programming - iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice
Inventor iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice Forum. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics related to programming, creating add-ins, macros, working with the API or creating iLogic tools.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Redefine Copied Object Assembly File When Part Edit

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
bradeneuropeArthur
389 Views, 6 Replies

Redefine Copied Object Assembly File When Part Edit

Hi,

The following

I have an assembly XAss.iam

Within the XAss.iam there are 3 parts XPart1.ipt XPart2.ipt XPart3.ipt

I edit the XPart1.ipt within the assembly, and I Copy the Objects from XPart2.ipt and XPart3.ipt into the edit XPart1.ipt.

The XPart1.ipt is now associative dependent of XPart2.ipt and XPart3.ipt.

When a copy design is made from the XAss1.iam with XPart1.ipt XPart2.ipt and XPart3.ipt to the following:

YAss.im with YPart1.ipt YPart2.ipt and YPart3.ipt, the  YPart1.ipt still has a reference to the objects from XPart2.ipt and XPart3.ipt. 

It should have the following referece:

YPart1.ipt reference to the objects from YPart2.ipt and YPart3.ipt.

I think this is a kind of bug within the Copy Design Tools (Vault and Icopy-desing)!

How could I Programmatically solve and update the references for YPart1.ipt reference to the objects from YPart2.ipt and YPart3.ipt.

Regards,

Regards,

Arthur Knoors

Autodesk Affiliations:

Autodesk Software:Inventor Professional 2024 | Vault Professional 2022 | Autocad Mechanical 2022
Programming Skills:Vba | Vb.net (Add ins Vault / Inventor, Applications) | I-logic
Programming Examples:Drawing List!|Toggle Drawing Sheet!|Workplane Resize!|Drawing View Locker!|Multi Sheet to Mono Sheet!|Drawing Weld Symbols!|Drawing View Label Align!|Open From Balloon!|Model State Lock!
Posts and Ideas:Dimension Component!|Partlist Export!|Derive I-properties!|Vault Prompts Via API!|Vault Handbook/Manual!|Drawing Toggle Sheets!|Vault Defer Update!

! For administrative reasons, please mark a "Solution as solved" when the issue is solved !

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

Hello bradeneurope,

Do you want to do it automatically?

If you reassign them at offline (= outside of Inventor), you should write code using ApprenticeServer.

Or to do it in Inventor, hook FileAccessEvents.OnFileResolution Event and resolve the relations by your code when YAss.iam is opening.

=====

Freeradical

Hideo Yamada

=====
Freeradical
 Hideo Yamada
https://www.freeradical.jp
Message 3 of 7

Actually a would like to have it in the Copy Design, since i think this reference should also been updated!!

But it isn't in the Copy Design.

So instead of updating it manually (This is possible with Redifine), I would like to update the references via coding, since there are may part files with the wrong reference to the wrong (Old Reference) copied objects.

Do you understand my needs?

Regards,

Regards,

Arthur Knoors

Autodesk Affiliations:

Autodesk Software:Inventor Professional 2024 | Vault Professional 2022 | Autocad Mechanical 2022
Programming Skills:Vba | Vb.net (Add ins Vault / Inventor, Applications) | I-logic
Programming Examples:Drawing List!|Toggle Drawing Sheet!|Workplane Resize!|Drawing View Locker!|Multi Sheet to Mono Sheet!|Drawing Weld Symbols!|Drawing View Label Align!|Open From Balloon!|Model State Lock!
Posts and Ideas:Dimension Component!|Partlist Export!|Derive I-properties!|Vault Prompts Via API!|Vault Handbook/Manual!|Drawing Toggle Sheets!|Vault Defer Update!

! For administrative reasons, please mark a "Solution as solved" when the issue is solved !

Message 4 of 7

Hello,

I've never used Vault, but I heard Vault can do that. (coping files with links)

Let's wait for someone familiar with Vault...

(Is there anyone who is good at Vault!?)

My ways to do copy design are...

[Way1] Use Design Assistant. This tool is not suitable for handling large numbers of files.

[Way2] Use my tool Refactoring Tool. This tool can create new files and reassign at once.

I usually copy whole files with relationship by using this tool and then edit new files.

Your workflow is different from mine? If not, please try to use it.

=====

Freeradical 

Hideo Yamada

=====
Freeradical
 Hideo Yamada
https://www.freeradical.jp
Message 5 of 7

Hi,

Thank you for your time in this!

I have used Vault Copy Design and Ilogic Copy Design for it.

Both don't update the reference correctly.

That is why i think this is a little bug in the software!

Regards,

Arthur Knoors

Autodesk Affiliations:

Message 6 of 7

Hi @bradeneuropeArthur 

My apologies, i misunderstood the question, I see that you are looking to replace a Copy Object create reference now.

I think this is the collection you are looking to work with:

ThisApplication.ActiveDocument.ComponentDefinition.Features.NonParametricBaseFeatures

Am I mistaken or is it not just a matter of using ReplaceReference to do what you are after?

http://inventortrenches.blogspot.com/2012/12/ilogic-replace-derived-reference.html

I hope this helps.
Best of luck to you in all of your Inventor pursuits,
Curtis
http://inventortrenches.blogspot.com

Message 7 of 7

Hi,

Thank you @Curtis_Waguespack @HideoYamada  I am near to the solution, but I am working on it (Programming/coding).

Keep following to the result......

Regards,

Regards,

Arthur Knoors

Autodesk Affiliations:

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report